Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone order from gamestop express delivery?

• 12-09-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

Placed an order this morning for express delivery

any chance of getting the game delivered a day early? :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Doubt it. Don't think they'll post it until Monday. I asked when they're gonna start posting them but they wouldn't say, except ''Herp. Derp. That is all to say on that matter.'' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Doubt it. Don't think they'll post it until Monday. I asked when they're gonna start posting them but they wouldn't say, except ''Herp. Derp. That is all to say on that matter.'' :pac:

As long as it get's here on release date

if not, gonna wreck the kip

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭touchwood

I ordered it from amazon couple of weeks ago, got email last night to say it was dispatched and estimated to be with me on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

touchwood wrote: »
    I ordered it from amazon couple of weeks ago, got email last night to say it was dispatched and estimated to be with me on Tuesday.

Did you go with super saver or standard or the expensive one?

I preordered with gamestop as they usually have the game delivered the day before release, that doesn't seem to be happening with gta5 though.
    Checking my inbox all day for the dispatch email, nothing at all.

• Advertisement

I went with first class delivery to parcel motel. Had 1 free stay left.

Parcel motel have taken money from my account so the game is with them now. Might have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I ordered saints row 3 from gamestop with express delivery expecting to get it on release day and hoping to get it before lunch
    but that didn't happen I got a call from the
    nightline driver to ask could I meet him
    that was at 8pm on release day
    wasn't impressed so I'd never buy from gamestop online again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Yeah it could be late on Tuesday before you get it from gamestop, was 5 in the evening before I got COD off them last year and it was a Tuesday release aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

feck - good thing i pre-ordered normal edition too?!

Has anyone else pre-ordered two games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I ordered a game for launch day then I canceled it.It took me 3 weeks to get my money back off them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anyone get any word on dispatch yet? Awaiting email got the special edition XB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

My order still just says confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 EKayI

It still says confirmed on my order also, I've just sent support a mail asking what the story is.

Do Gamestop use An Post or a courier for Express Delivery? I live out in the shticks and it's always a challenge directing deliveries to the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I ordered 2, one from Gamestop and one from Gamesnash, the Gamesnash one already gave me a NightLine tracking number, but nada with Gamestop it just says Order Status: Confirmed and Split Method: Split Shipment

No e-mail about dispatch or anything.

BTW if anyone has any knowledge of nightline tracking, it says "ship date 16/9/13" does that mean it should be here today?! Fingers crossed! ;)

Still no update from gamestop, getting a bit anxious now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

EKayI wrote: »
    It still says confirmed on my order also, I've just sent support a mail asking what the story is.

Do Gamestop use An Post or a courier for Express Delivery? I live out in the shticks and it's always a challenge directing deliveries to the house!

I think Gamestop use Nightline. I only ordered from Gamestop as I wanted the collectors edition but Nightline don't tend to deliver to me until the evening time.

Nightline can be any time of the day! Pre-ordered in Smyths too, so going to take a drive by later and pick it up if they are open!

I ordered 2, one from Gamestop and one from Gamesnash, the Gamesnash one already gave me a NightLine tracking number, but nada with Gamestop it just says Order Status: Confirmed and Split Method: Split Shipment

No e-mail about dispatch or anything.

BTW if anyone has any knowledge of nightline tracking, it says "ship date 16/9/13" does that mean it should be here today?! Fingers crossed! ;)

Nah that means it will be dispatched today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eschaton

Still no update. Officially anxious.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed something will happen in the afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Don't worry you won't get a dispatch email for gamestop express delivery. Ordered games in the past and never got an email off them so they probably won't this time due to the volume of orders

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

i got an email off gamestop a few minutes ago telling me there is a problem with my bank autorizing funds and they asked me if i had money in my account! there is money in my account but i just told them to cancel it instead of going through hassle all day, this is the collectors edition i ordered months ago. just going to download it off the psn store instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

This is mad, I want to see if my copy got dispatched yet and the whole website seems to have slowed down, anyone experience this? (could be my dodgy connection but I don't think so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Got a shipment confirmation email from GameStop.

Just got my shipment confirmation and tracking number from Gamestop, order has changed to "Shipped" on the Gamestop site also.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Same here!

EDIT: Using an Post for express instead of Nightline though. Don't think I've seen that happen.

just got my confirmation email too. it's shipping with nightline.

Yup. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah me too good stuff, I wonder if the whole country was checking out the site and that's what slowed it down

How early did you guys order? I only ordered on the 13th, was assured I would get it for release day but mine just still says confirmed when the website actually decides to load.

How early did you guys order? I only ordered on the 13th, was assured I would get it for release day but mine just still says confirmed when the website actually decides to load.

Ordered mine on September 1st.

tampler wrote: »
    Same here!

EDIT: Using an Post for express instead of Nightline though. Don't think I've seen that happen.

They are using nightline although its giving a an post tracking number - read the mail
    Only orders shipped using Express Shipping will have a tracking number. If you selected Express shipping you can track your package here. Please note that the tracking number may not be active for up to 24 hours.

Which is strange as they give the following as the tracking number: Tracking number: http://track.anpost.ie/TrackOne.aspx?trackNumber=xxxxxxxx

EKayI wrote: »
    Ordered mine on September 1st.

Oh well. Will most likely have the Gamesnash one anyway, wouldn't rely on one single online site. Would've liked the special edition for the included goodies, but I guess that'll be going back now if not here tomorrow.

BTW has the header just disappeared for anyone else on gamestop.ie?

There's a picture.

So now that we know it's been shipped, what do you reckon the ETA is?

• Advertisement

So you all have confirmation emails now?

Mc Love wrote: »
    They are using nightline although its giving a an post tracking number - read the mail

Which is strange as they give the following as the tracking number: Tracking number: http://track.anpost.ie/TrackOne.aspx?trackNumber=xxxxxxxx

Strange indeed found the email unclear so decided to call them they said that An post is being used for GTA as its more secure. Does not make sense to me I understood Nightline would be more secure? Maybe the person answeing got the info mixed up?

So you all have confirmation emails now?

I do anyway, I ordered on June 10th if that means anything.

Strange indeed found the email unclear so decided to call them they said that An post is being used for GTA as its more secure. Does not make sense to me I understood Nightline would be more secure? Maybe the person answeing got the info mixed up?

Yeah nightline is the same company as parcel motel!? :eek:

Nightline tracking had "shipped" on it earlier now it's "pending" (gamesnash order), jaysus. Does anybody know what time Nightline stop delivering at? Just for future reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

I pre-ordered the regular version from GameStop on 18th August. Got the confirmation email from them today with an An Post tracking link.

The link wasn't showing any info until a short time ago. Now its saying that the package is "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER". Hopefully means that I might get it this evening.

Anyone know if An Post require a signature for their express post deliveries??

Yeah nightline is the same company as parcel motel!? :eek:

Think you may have misread my previous post, Gamestop informed me that there using AnPost instead of Nightline for GTA shipping. Maybe someone else could call Gamestop to clarify again?

nanoro wrote: »
    I pre-ordered the regular version from GameStop on 18th August. Got the confirmation email from them today with an An Post tracking link.

The link wasn't showing any info until a short time ago. Now its saying that the package is "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER". Hopefully means that I might get it this evening.

Anyone know if An Post require a signature for their express post deliveries??

Same for me, but would they deliver this late?

eschaton wrote: »
    Same for me, but would they deliver this late?

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 16-Sep-13
    15:33 IRELAND

its still in dublin - wont be getting this until tomorrow i'd say

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 16-Sep-13
    15:33 IRELAND

its still in dublin - wont be getting this until tomorrow i'd say

Same as my own, I wonder would they get annoyed if I called into the depot on the way home from work. :pac:

Where is the tracking number in the email? Each thing I put in just returns me to track and trace page.

Yeah the direct link in the mail doesn't work, the tracking code is the last set of characters in the link they provide, i.e: http://track.anpost.ie/TrackOne.aspx?trackNumber=AB123456789IE.

Just copy and paste that from the mail you received into the tracking number field on the An Post site.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Ordered on 28th June with Express shipping. Already paid in full and still yet to tell me it's been shipped... :/

255tnyo.png
    HALP

Burswood wrote: »
    Ordered on 28th June with Express shipping. Already paid in full and still yet to tell me it's been shipped... :/

255tnyo.png
    HALP

Don't think there's anything you can do really. Just wait and hope. There might've been a glitch leading to a lot of them going under the radar, their website was very dodgy early, wouldn't load half the time and the other times when I did load you try and go into your orders and you'd get some debug error.

For big game releases, I always think it's better to order from two places (if you have the money of course) just to be sure, and then you can obviously just send the second one back when it does arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

i too am waiting for gamestop to tell my version is sent out, i ordered the special edition, im flying tru fags hopeing to get the email

• Advertisement
Advertisement