Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone order from gamestop express delivery?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Archronos

Burswood wrote: »
    Ordered on 28th June with Express shipping. Already paid in full and still yet to tell me it's been shipped... :/

HALP

Phone them about that tomorrow mate, I ordered with them much later than you and mine went from Confirmed to Shipped this afternoon after I got my shipping e-mail. I am also waiting on them to respond to an e-mail asking why it hadn't changed off Confirmed since last Thursday when I was charged, so that's why I recommend phoning. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Mc Love wrote: »
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 16-Sep-13
    15:33 IRELAND

its still in dublin - wont be getting this until tomorrow i'd say

Just checked mine, was in the Dublin Mail centre yesterday has updated to "Dublin 14" so it's in my local depot now this morning, hopefully with me with this mornings post

I reckon GS had to just fork out for an post delivery for a lotta peeps, surely nightline is at it capacity, especially when its delivering for parcel motel/amazon and the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

My Collector's Edition has just arrived :-)

Maye83 wrote: »
    My Collector's Edition has just arrived :-)
    m'at the front window here waiting for mine!

Damn School Run traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

An Post are so full of crap

>>>.We attempted delivery on 17-Sep-2013 08:16.

I stayed at home until 8:35 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭dasdog

I've no idea when the post gets delivered but

From ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER, DUBLIN 14, 17-Sep-13, 03:20
    to ATTEMPTED DELIVERY DUBLIN 14, 17-Sep-13 18:00

Nothing in the mailbox. Fingers crossed.

dasdog wrote: »
    I've no idea when the post gets delivered but

From ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER, DUBLIN 14, 17-Sep-13, 03:20
    to ATTEMPTED DELIVERY DUBLIN 14, 17-Sep-13 18:00

Nothing in the mailbox. Fingers crossed.

Mine says that too, I'm sittin here all morning, I'm sure its on the way..? Anybody else in the same boat?

Edit: the fact it says 18:00 for the time must mean it'll be some time before then, surely?

-Toppy- wrote: »
    An Post are so full of crap

>>>.We attempted delivery on 17-Sep-2013 08:16.

I stayed at home until 8:35 :(

I just rang them there, they told me they tried to deliver @ 8.22am and got no answer... I'm here all morning and there's not even a delivery slip.. its coming from the D14 depot so dasdog, you might wanna check up on it also. could be a lazy postman!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN 16, 17-Sep-13
    00:24 IRELAND

Gotta be on the way.. Only problem is, my postman comes when he wants.. fecker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

ooh just arrived.

goodbye world

Juxtapose wrote: »
    ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER DUBLIN 16, 17-Sep-13
    00:24 IRELAND

Gotta be on the way.. Only problem is, my postman comes when he wants.. fecker!

I just got mine from the d14 depot, man in the post office said the attempted delivery notice was an error, they only got it then in the depot at that time and it was due to go in the afternoon post so thats prob the case for anyone waiting also. Any if the lads above with the Dublin 14 notices, they're leaving the depot soon I just got mine from there by chance

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Turns out they took the money out of my account back when I ordered it and then put it back in without letting me know. WTF. No GTA for me. Sad face.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

the last game im ordering with gamestop it still hasnt been dispatched and i cant afford to pick up a copy today

edit: mine now has been cancelled with gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 27 eschaton

This wait is pretty agonising. It's in Dublin 12 but I'm in Dublin 11. I'm sitting here randomly cleaning. Maybe I should go to the doctors...

tomottosam wrote: »
    the last game im ordering with gamestop it still hasnt been dispatched and i cant afford to pick up a copy today

edit: mine now has been cancelled with gamestop

I emailed gamestop. This is what they said.

"Hi,

This email is regarding your order for the Special Edition of GTA V.

Unfortunately due to a stock issue with this your order has been cancelled.

We have tried to source this limited stock for you but unfortunately this was to no avail as this was in limited supply.

You have not have been charged for your order.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind regards,
    GameStop"

Niiiiicee.....

• Advertisement

I emailed gamestop. This is what they said.

"Hi,

This email is regarding your order for the Special Edition of GTA V.

Unfortunately due to a stock issue with this your order has been cancelled.

We have tried to source this limited stock for you but unfortunately this was to no avail as this was in limited supply.

You have not have been charged for your order.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind regards,
    GameStop"

Niiiiicee.....

i just got the same email to think they could of just sent out a normal edition instead and refunded the differerence but then again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Had it since Sunday morning Amazon and parcel motel, also ordered the book to go with it) , the lad seems to think it's cool, I may get to play in 2014 when he's finished with it

i just got the same email to think they could of just sent out a normal edition instead and refunded the differerence but then again

hAHAHAHH nice one gamestop so they've done this to a load of people. that's actually awful.

they took everyone's orders, drew a line under the ones who were getting it, and didn't bother to tell the rest who ordered. fairly professional! nice 1 gamestop. definitely never ever getting my custom again hah

hAHAHAHH nice one gamestop so they've done this to a load of people. that's actually awful.

they took everyone's orders, drew a line under the ones who were getting it, and didn't bother to tell the rest who ordered. fairly professional! nice 1 gamestop. definitely never ever getting my custom again hah

for anyone this happened to they would wanna think long and hard about buying with them again, ive heard gamesnash mentioned alot round these forums i think they will be getting my business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Same here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Being a tad unfair. I don't work for them so don't know exactly but my guess is they took your orders in good faith (what purpose would taking extra orders satisfy?) but got less than the expected delivered to them.

If they got less stock they really have no option but to cancel some orders. They can't send you out a normal edition as they probably have a shortage of those too and can't just take one off someone else.

What would you have them do?

and anyway when i think of it, when had enough pre-orders for the special edition wouldnt you think they would of removed it from there website, i took a week off work expecting the game to be here today

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Being a tad unfair. I don't work for them so don't know exactly but my guess is they took your orders in good faith (what purpose would taking extra orders satisfy?) but got less than the expected delivered to them.

If they got less stock they really have no option but to cancel some orders. They can't send you out a normal edition as they probably have a shortage of those too and can't just take one off someone else.

They "got less". BS. This game has been in preparation for months and months. There was more than enough time for them to plan this. I ordered mine in June. Some people ordered there's last week. They got theirs. I didn't. That is BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Leroy42 wrote: »

Why on earth would they get "less than expected"? Fairly sure that's not how logistics work. You order XXX number, you get XXX number.

The distributor wants as many games sold as possible, sending a major retailer like GameStop less games than expected for probably the biggest game release there has ever been just wouldn't happen.

I ordered mine in June.

some people didnt even pre-order it n seemed to be able to get it last nite

some people didnt even pre-order it n seemed to be able to get it last nite

Yeah exactly man! It's proof they could care less about their system and how it works. It's all over the place. To add salt to the wound, I even bought a massive €400 order from them back in May when I ordered my ps3 bundle, so I could have this game today lol.

At the end of the day, there's a s***load of people who are really disappointed and it is unarguably Gamestop's fault.

I also sent them a rebuttal to the copy and paste email they sent around. When I sent the first email, they got back in seconds, incredibly. Sent the second one like 25 mins ago. Nothing back from them. How surprising.

Gamestop's fault.
    i fully agree

i replied to their email looking for my money back, wonder would they act quicker if i told them id get my solicter involved

i replied to their email looking for my money back, wonder would they act quicker if i told them id get my solicter involved

lol in fairness they breached their contract with their customers there's a case there absolutely

• Advertisement

"The emails for this are going out now. Sorry but it seems we are out of Special Edition"

taken from a comment on their facebook page

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Nightline tracking had "shipped" on it earlier now it's "pending" (gamesnash order), jaysus. Does anybody know what time Nightline stop delivering at? Just for future reference.

Can you drop me a PM with your order number - Our batch tracking isn't showing any parcels as pending so I'm a bit concerned.

Has anyone recieved their game in the past few hours? My tracking still says its in Dublin 12.

Just off the phone with an post there, they basically left a lot of the parcels from GameStop in the cage in the ballymount parcel center. No reason given. "They fully expect it to be delivered in the morning".
    So much for express delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

My tracking number updated about a half hour ago. It looks like its after being scanned again, could this mean its on its way to me now? Or should I not get too excited?

I thought so too when mine updated but the phone person said its still in the cage. So I'm just resorting to the fact that I won't have it tonight! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

eschaton wrote: »
    Has anyone recieved their game in the past few hours? My tracking still says its in Dublin 12.

No same here better be tommorow. Copies in local tesco very tempting

Still nothing, has been scanned 6 times now, but still no delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Still nothing, has been scanned 6 times now, but still no delivery.

This is an absolute joke! I just want a refund at this stage and Pick up the game hopefully somewhere on the weekend!

• Advertisement

I rang them again twice, basically GameStop didn't label mine properly, no name and no post code. So it's just been moving around the facilities. The guy I got through to eventually was nice and actually gave me information. He reckons it's in the van but he can't get in contact with the driver, so once he can, he'll phone me and let me know the story. So I recommend calling them and seeing if its the same problem with your game.

Still in the parcel center. In fairness the customer rep did try to locate it all day, and now his shift is finished so he's gone home. But basically I *may* get it tomorrow if this guy can get it in a van. But I can't help but feel pessimistic. And no word from GameStop of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭circadian

Still in the parcel center. In fairness the customer rep did try to locate it all day, and now his shift is finished so he's gone home. But basically I *may* get it tomorrow if this guy can get it in a van. But I can't help but feel pessimistic. And no word from GameStop of course.

The GS Facebook page ranges from no responses to smartarse replies. Shocking stuff. I'd be asking for a refund/giftcard/ms or PS points or something if you've paid for express delivery and didn't get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

circadian wrote: »
    to smartarse replies..

What were they saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭circadian

What were they saying?

On my phone at the minute but I remember seeing something on there this morning. Will try and get it when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I had something similar to report, not quite as bad as that but the label was misprinted so instead of an post delivering to 18 xxxxxx they attempted a delivery to 8 xxxxxxxxx

no fault of an post but definitely whoever put the box through the printing machine should be shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Gamestop have let me down once
    (Gamesnash) have never let me down gta v delivered before lunch on release day what more could you want .
    top marks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I rang them again twice, basically GameStop didn't label mine properly, no name and no post code. So it's just been moving around the facilities. The guy I got through to eventually was nice and actually gave me information. He reckons it's in the van but he can't get in contact with the driver, so once he can, he'll phone me and let me know the story. So I recommend calling them and seeing if its the same problem with your game.
    I ordered PS4 Controller (Magma Red)
    PS4 Camera
    on 30th November and still waiting, That email customer support is crap still waiting for a response. I just want a refund now at this stage.
    Can someone PM me A contact number for Gamestop
    Thanks

Advertisement