Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on starting up

Options
  • 12-09-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey everyone. Im currently employed and its looking like myself and a few others are going to be replaced by a new management company that are taking over. I have been a grafter all of my life and now I am at a crossroads. Do I continue to try and get through life living week to week , busting my behind for little or no thanks? Or do I try and set up my own business, selling and promoting something that I am passionate about?

I am leaning toward the later.

The thing is I donk know how to start, or where to start. Im still employed but am not sure for how much longer. I have an idea for a business and I am very sure it would be a success. I will be putting money by every week for as long as I am employed in my current job so I can buy stock or whatever else comes with starting up a business. I would be buying products in and selling them online only, just an online store.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I have to do legally to get started and what costs are involved? Also where do I stand when it comes to importing goods in bulk? And finally what costs are involved for setting up legally? I have a place for storage and processing orders, would also be doing all my own accounts and website work.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement