Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to WiFi

Options
  • 12-09-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Got new mobile, have my eircom b/b quickstart booklet with numbers on the front -

Serial Number
    Mac address
    SSID

WPA key
    b0b3cebb..............

Go into phone WiFi settings

Have my 'eircom 43** **** ' with 'Disabled, secured with WPA / WPA2 PSK'
    Press that and up comes 'Security WPA / WPA2 PSK'
    Signal strength 'Excellent'
    Press 'connect' and up comes 'remembered...... Secured with WPA.... authenticating........DISABLED, secured with WPA....

So where's my problem - none of my wifi ever seems to work , so I've just got cables everywhere until i crack it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

The actual key on your router could be different. Access the web interface on your router to check it out. Look for an address and credentials (if any) on the back of your router, or post the model here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you ever tried disabling the security on the router to see if that's the problem? Or have you tried setting up a new wifi network?

To access an Eircom router you usually use http://192.168.1.254. Other makes will use a different setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

dub45 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried disabling the security on the router to see if that's the problem? Or have you tried setting up a new wifi network?

To access an Eircom router you usually use http://192.168.1.254. Other makes will use a different setting.

I just disabled 'privacy' so now i can get it on the phone and probably other laptops in the house as well. I'm in the countryside away from the public road so unlikely anyone can 'rob' my wifi :confused:

Advertisement