Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrail ticket worth it?

• 12-09-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

im very confused as to what my best options are... me and 4 friends are going from krakow to prague night train on the 27th of october, we are also travelling prague to amsterdam on the wednesday 30th of october... we would be looking to get a couchette for both these trips...now my question is.. would it be cheaper to buy seperate tickets for the trip of would the 5 day pass be cheaper? also what are the added benefits of the interrail pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

you are looking for specific seats on specific trains so it would be cheaper to buy those tickets rather than a pass.

A pass is a great product for those looking to make complicated journeys that they want to remain flexible.
    But for just a couple of long journies you're as well get point to point tickets.

for Prague to amsterdam, if you book now you can get that for 29Euro for a seat or 49/59 in a 6 or 4 person cabin or 69 in an ecomomy double cabin. The last option has your own private shower and bathroom.

The only thing I would say is to be careful about sharing with some randomer as the last time I got a night train leaving in the early evening the other passengers in my cabin wanted to go to sleep at 7 in the evening whereas that was the last thing on my mind.
    If you get a 4person or 2 person cabin you'll not have that problem.

Advertisement