Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray Cat

Options
  • 12-09-2013 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Anyone missing a cat ?

We have a stray ginger cat in our garden that strayed in this afternoon. Doesn't have a collar we are in the Castle Riada area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you pop into any of the local vets they will scan the cat for a microchip for free. A lot of cats lose collars when out and about. All local vets will keep a lost and found list too in case anyone calls. Also some info in this thread if what to do to. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

josh59 wrote: »
    Anyone missing a cat ?

We have a stray ginger cat in our garden that strayed in this afternoon. Doesn't have a collar we are in the Castle Riada area

There are hundreds of stray cats around this area? Some people dont have collars on their cats or they get snagged and come off. I have seen a few ginger ones near me, definitely strays, is he a big old male with lots of fighting injuries?
    People seem to just get them and when they get tired of them or move, release them into the world. Some residents near me have seemed to keep cats and when they go the cats are still around.
    We have one ourselves but if I see any strays, I dont mind putting something small out for them as I think the scent will deter mice and rats but I think our one discourages trespassers. I saw a few rats on a number of occasions before, but since the stray population near me seems to be increasing not one rat, they might not get the rats but I think it probably discourages them from having a nest near?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

The cat hung around our house until around 8:30 that evening and then decided to head off. He had also visited some of the neighbours during the day by all accounts.

Advertisement