Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

westport house.?. how not to run a buisness

Options
  • 12-09-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

With them not taking bookings in advance I contacted them 2 weeks ago via mail asking about availability for this, their last open weekend. They confirmed availability for three pitches (birthday weekend away) with a total of 13 people. They told me to ring the night before we traveled. Just got off the phone to be told the campsite is closed! 6 adults taking time off work to travel and spend our hard earned cash and no explanation or apology :( checked their site and they have changed the closing date to today, but on the special offers page it still the 15th. What a way to run a business. Have stayed there many times in the past but won't be going back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi mrgriswold ,
    I'm very surprised to hear of your problem with Westport House .
    They are usually very efficient and "spot on " regarding organisation in the campsite.
    Hope ye found somewhere else to celebrate your birthday weekend .
    Most campsites are still open around Mayo until October I think .
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mrgriswold

demoreino wrote: »
    Hi mrgriswold ,
    I'm very surprised to hear of your problem with Westport House .
    They are usually very efficient and "spot on " regarding organisation in the campsite.
    Hope ye found somewhere else to celebrate your birthday weekend .
    Most campsites are still open around Mayo until October I think .
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Thanks Kevin
    I was surprised too. Like I say I've been there many times in the past and loved it. Can't help thinking the great summer weather filled the pockets and they have forgotten who the important people are in any business. In the end we went to ballinacourty in tipp and had a blast 15 of us in total and we guesstimate we left around 700 euro in the cashel/cahir area.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

Ive had problems there aswell

Advertisement