Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up Accounting in repeat year?

• 12-09-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So i want to start accounting as a new subject as i am repeating. if i put in the work is this possible and achievable? business isn't exactly a strong point of mine
    (didnt do it for JC) I gave a glance at the accounting papers online and they look pretty scary. i know the subject is very numbers based and maths is one of my strongest subjects if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pk9712

hmm...I do accountancy but i've been doing it for the 2 years not in one year...its a fairly Ok subject cause once you do a certain topic and do questions over and over you get the hang of it and questions will only change numbers or change slightly. I would say that you would need a teacher to correct your work cause when i study the subject i look back on previous questions that are correct so you do need them corrected i'm sure a teacher would do that for you also ask them for some mock papers the more you do the better you become. Not sure about it in a year but I mean id say it is doable as long as the effort is put in. Have you considered economics its a shorter course and many people take it up when repeating. i heard its hard to get an A in economics but its very possible to get a B and high C. Also your maths skill wont help to much its only easy percentages adding subtracting etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Deff do it, i got an A1. just practice practice. do Q1 every week.

Advertisement