Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long in employment until BNY pay maternity

Options
  • 12-09-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just started working for BNY, I have just found out I am pregnant, does anybody know how long you have to be employed for BNY to pay you full pay?
    I can't ask anybody as I am only a few weeks gone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Check your contract, it will have a paragraph about leave entitlements and pay.

You can apply for maternity payment form Dept of Social and family affairs, your employer is not in any way required to make any payment to you whilst you are on maternity leave but some do based on how long you have been working for them. If they do, it will be in your contract of employment, if it is not mentioned on the contract, they will not be paying you while you are off.

Advertisement