Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching back to Eircom

Options
  • 12-09-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to switch back to Eircom for a while now, but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Currently with Vodafone on the MAX 8mb broadband package.. i only ever receive about 4/5 mb at the best of times, included is the basic call plan, unlimited nationwide calls and 30mins to mobiles for around 50e a month. If i switch to Eircom, what would the best package be available to me, what would the maximum speed that i could get be? ( i already know i cant get eFiber as i dont live in an enabled area ) 

2. I have been wanting to get a static IP address for a while now ( for the work i do, it would be handy ) - how awkward is this to get on a home package, and what would the costs associated with that be?

3. I remember being with Eircom before, the reason we switched is because the bills where always very high and the speed wasn't great at all, but all i know is, when we switched to Eircom, although the monthly costs had dropped, the quality of the line had become very poor ( very high ping times, low speeds, constantly dropping, just all around poor quality ) is that to do with the fact that i was with a third party? will this improve when i switch back?

4. Can we pay monthly instead of bi-monthly as before? - perhaps you could list out some of the packages available to me?

Sorry for all the questions, i am just trying to be as prepared as possible, by getting my concerns answered before I tie myself in to another contract.

Also, if you need it, i can PM my land line number.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Tracey new bill for same amount arrived yesterday, weeks after you promised to sort it out. Before you Alan said he'd sort it out. Before I went onto your Eircom section of boards i got the same treatment, passed from one department to another over the phone. Just wondering is this how Eircom treats unhappy customer, fob them off, tell them it will be alright and keep sending them bills. Is the plan to wait until some credit management company takes over in a few months? Leave the credit management company take over, then I can't talk to anybody from Eircom, it will be too late? I actually can't trust anybody working for Eircom anymore, I want an official letter saying that my bill has been cleared, before I'll trust anybody from this company. Customers with a problem are treated like crap and given the complete runaround. Not to mention hours wasted on phone and time dealing with technicians who are sent to 'fix' broadband problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Johngoose wrote: »
    Tracey new bill for same amount arrived yesterday, weeks after you promised to sort it out. Before you Alan said he'd sort it out. Before I went onto your Eircom section of boards i got the same treatment, passed from one department to another over the phone. Just wondering is this how Eircom treats unhappy customer, fob them off, tell them it will be alright and keep sending them bills. Is the plan to wait until some credit management company takes over in a few months? Leave the credit management company take over, then I can't talk to anybody from Eircom, it will be too late? I actually can't trust anybody working for Eircom anymore, I want an official letter saying that my bill has been cleared, before I'll trust anybody from this company. Customers with a problem are treated like crap and given the complete runaround. Not to mention hours wasted on phone and time dealing with technicians who are sent to 'fix' broadband problems.
    Hi Johngoose

I would like to assure you that you do not have to pay this. It does take some time to have such a large amount cleared by credit management. Please trust us on this.

I understand it's not helpful to receive a bill for this but please ignore requests for this payment and we will hopefully have this resolved within the next week or two.

Thanks

Al

Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to switch back to Eircom for a while now, but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. Currently with Vodafone on the MAX 8mb broadband package.. i only ever receive about 4/5 mb at the best of times, included is the basic call plan, unlimited nationwide calls and 30mins to mobiles for around 50e a month. If i switch to Eircom, what would the best package be available to me, what would the maximum speed that i could get be? ( i already know i cant get eFiber as i dont live in an enabled area ) 

2. I have been wanting to get a static IP address for a while now ( for the work i do, it would be handy ) - how awkward is this to get on a home package, and what would the costs associated with that be?

3. I remember being with Eircom before, the reason we switched is because the bills where always very high and the speed wasn't great at all, but all i know is, when we switched to Eircom, although the monthly costs had dropped, the quality of the line had become very poor ( very high ping times, low speeds, constantly dropping, just all around poor quality ) is that to do with the fact that i was with a third party? will this improve when i switch back?

4. Can we pay monthly instead of bi-monthly as before? - perhaps you could list out some of the packages available to me?

Sorry for all the questions, i am just trying to be as prepared as possible, by getting my concerns answered before I tie myself in to another contract.

Thanks in advance!

Hi RobertHopkins

Please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks

Al
    PM sent, thanks.

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance!

Hi RobertHopkins

Thanks

Al
    PM sent, thanks.
    Thanks RobertHopkins

I'll look into this and get back to you today.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Hi Johngoose

I would like to assure you that you do not have to pay this. It does take some time to have such a large amount cleared by credit management. Please trust us on this.

I understand it's not helpful to receive a bill for this but please ignore requests for this payment and we will hopefully have this resolved within the next week or two.

Thanks

Al
    Credit management company contacted today by letter. Can I get you to sort it out straight away. I have been threated in letter with debt collector calling to my door. This is beyond a joke, after all the promises I have received. Also worried that my credit rating will be damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Johngoose

Thanks

Al
    Credit management company contacted today by letter. Can I get you to sort it out straight away. I have been threated in letter with debt collector calling to my door. This is beyond a joke, after all the promises I have received. Also worried that my credit rating will be damaged.

Hi johngoose,

I'm sorry about the delay this is taking, I understand this must be frustrating for you however we have sent it off to be written off a few weeks ago. It does take time and it's a third party company who organise this so we have no control over the lead times I'm afraid.

Your credit rating will not be affected from this nor will a debt collector call to you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement