Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke Kelly Tribute Band

Options
  • 12-09-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I was in Clonakilty for a weekend away with the girlfriend 4years ago. I remember when because it was when Ireland bet Wales to win the grand slam.

But we were in one of the bars that evening and there was a band playing all Luke Kelly music. Now I remember they all stood out because they were young lads but the singer was a red hair lad with a beard who played the Banjo. He also happened to have a great voice and myself and my girlfriend had a great night there.

Now we are getting married next year and I would love to track these lads down if they are still together and have them play. Im wondering if anyone here has any idea of who I am talking about????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Saw a guy who is a ringer for Luke Kelly playing a banjo busking in Galway a few months ago, sounds like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Contact de Barras pub in Clonakilty: +353 (0)23 8833381

They know every band playing in clon and would be able to point you in the right direction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Chris Kavanagh is probably the man you're looking for:

http://www.chriskavanagh.fourfour.com/home

There's a phone number on the Contact page.

Good luck!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Chris Kavanagh is probably the man you're looking for:

http://www.chriskavanagh.fourfour.com/home

There's a phone number on the Contact page.

Good luck!

Yea I'd say your right. He is playing in Ros Arts Centre in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Ya google thrown that up for me alright but don't think it was him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mgk2004

deejer wrote: »
    I was in Clonakilty for a weekend away with the girlfriend 4years ago. I remember when because it was when Ireland bet Wales to win the grand slam.

But we were in one of the bars that evening and there was a band playing all Luke Kelly music. Now I remember they all stood out because they were young lads but the singer was a red hair lad with a beard who played the Banjo. He also happened to have a great voice and myself and my girlfriend had a great night there.

Now we are getting married next year and I would love to track these lads down if they are still together and have them play. Im wondering if anyone here has any idea of who I am talking about????

the atlantic pirates galway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US9qn_SxfDM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The 5 string banjo player is the guy I saw in Shop Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mgk2004

trad wrote: »
    The 5 string banjo player is the guy I saw in Shop Street.

James,, yeah he does a great luke kelly...

Advertisement