Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best college to study F7 & P1 in Dublin?

• 12-09-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi everybody,

I've recently changed jobs and as a result have switched from ACA to ACCA so I'm a bit wet behind the ears on all things ACCA.

Could anybody recommend a college to study F7 & P1, although from what I hear it seems to be more about the lecturers rather than the college so any suggestions on lectures would be welcome aswell!

Also, do people think there is a need to go to college for P1 or could it be done through home study as it seems (from a very quick scan of exam papers) to be all theory.

Apologies if any of these questions seem very obvious to some peope but I know very little about ACCA.

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

annabbt wrote: »
    Hi everybody,

I've recently changed jobs and as a result have switched from ACA to ACCA so I'm a bit wet behind the ears on all things ACCA.

Could anybody recommend a college to study F7 & P1, although from what I hear it seems to be more about the lecturers rather than the college so any suggestions on lectures would be welcome aswell!

Also, do people think there is a need to go to college for P1 or could it be done through home study as it seems (from a very quick scan of exam papers) to be all theory.

Apologies if any of these questions seem very obvious to some peope but I know very little about ACCA.

Thanks for any help in advance

Assuming you are Dublin! I did both in Independent- Dave for F7....bit unorganised but really good at explaining the material. .Shane for P1. Really liked his classes- really exam focused. It's a good combination of subjects you are doing- one pure theory, one pure accounting. I dont see the harm in going to the classes IMO- it ensures you keep up to date with the material- makes things easier come exam time. If i had to do on my own i would leave until the last minute! Best of luck!

Advertisement