Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70

Options
  • 12-09-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can someone please help before I take a crowbar to this system.

Two days ago we had a power cut in the area which caused the alarm panel to sound. When I silenced it all was fine and the power came on soon after. No problems at that point.

The power cut also caused a problem with my phone line (which is being investigated by my provider) culminating in there being no dial tone. The provider says that they think there is a problem that after the power cut an automatic line test was initiated but that has got stuck in a loop and keeps running test on the line. Hence no dial tone.

The first time it happened the HKC started beeping and required silencing. After entering the code it told me about the line fault. The problem is that the HKC now starts beeping about every bloody half hour telling me about the fault. I reckon I have had to cancel the notification about 30 times today. It is getting near bed time and I am about to drag it off the wall. I don't know why it keeps doing it. I can only suspect that every time the line check runs it is causing the alarm to activate the warning..

Any ideas please before it gets ripped off the wall!!! I have contacted my alarm installer who say the warranty or service contract doesn't cover this as it isn't their fault and it will be chargeable. Last time I pay them maintenance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You have a service contract & they won't cover this?
    Time to move ....
    Your best bet at this stage is power the system down completely.
    Turn off the mains power to the panel & disconnect the battery.
    I'm not on-line for long but I'm sending you the manual for that system , hopefully that will help you with it for now.
    If you need any further help you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

First of all, the alarm is doing everything it should be doing, so it's not at fault.

What's happening is that your phone line is disconnecting then reconnecting and the alarm is correctly notifying you of the fault.

You can turn off the line monitoring in the engineers menu but I presume you haven't the code so you can rule that out.

Probably the easiest and safest way to get you through the night would be to disconnect the phone line going to the alarm. It's more than likely in the phone box in your hall. It will generate a fault one more time then the fault will remain but it won't beep again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheFalcon59

First of all, the alarm is doing everything it should be doing, so it's not at fault.

What's happening is that your phone line is disconnecting then reconnecting and the alarm is correctly notifying you of the fault.

You can turn off the line monitoring in the engineers menu but I presume you haven't the code so you can rule that out.

Probably the easiest and safest way to get you through the night would be to disconnect the phone line going to the alarm. It's more than likely in the phone box in your hall. It will generate a fault one more time then the fault will remain but it won't beep again.

Thanks for that. Didn't think it was doing anything wrong. Unfortunately it is hard wired directly into the phone system so I can't disconnect it.

KoolKid wrote: »
    You have a service contract & they won't cover this?
    Time to move ....
    Your best bet at this stage is power the system down completely.
    Turn off the mains power to the panel & disconnect the battery.
    I'm not on-line for long but I'm sending you the manual for that system , hopefully that will help you with it for now.
    If you need any further help you know where we are.

Thanks for that. Seems the best option for the moment. Cant see how to get the panel cover off though.

Thanks for that. Seems the best option for the moment. Cant see how to get the panel cover off though.

Cancel. Found the screws at the side of the panel.

Alarm off. Thank f***

Will be changing my maintenance contract for sure. :P

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Cancel. Found the screws at the side of the panel.

Alarm off. Thank f***

Will be changing my maintenance contract for sure. :P

Thanks for your help.

I would try powering the system back up tomorrow before getting an engineer out, especially if you are going to be charged for the service. When it powers up just enter your user code and set the time and date. Then see if you have a dial tone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    I would try powering the system back up tomorrow before getting an engineer out, especially if you are going to be charged for the service. When it powers up just enter your user code and set the time and date. Then see if you have a dial tone.

I agree.
    If you are getting a maintenance contract off someone in the future make sure all call outs are covered. Anyway I can't understand why this guy would not even give you the advice you got from here over the phone . At the very least he could have got you to put it into engineer.

Thanks guys.

My phone line is not fixed yet. My provider says it may be a few days.

I take it I can leave the alarm off until it is sorted? I also take it the alarm will need reprogrammed because I have taken it offline?

No, it should not need to be reprogrammed.

Thanks guys.

My phone line is not fixed yet. My provider says it may be a few days.

I take it I can leave the alarm off until it is sorted? I also take it the alarm will need reprogrammed because I have taken it offline?

The alarm should still arm with a line fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

There is a problem with the software on a very few HKC Quantum panels surrounding the phone line monitor part there is a patch released ages ago to fix this but you need to have it upgraded to version 3.02

stuartkee wrote: »
    There is a problem with the software on a very few HKC Quantum panels surrounding the phone line monitor part there is a patch released ages ago to fix this but you need to have it upgraded to version 3.02

I don't think that's his problem. The alarm is responding correctly. The correct action for his installer was to very easily sort it over the phone instead of trying to squeeze a call out out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 drunkenbarney

the installer could have easily got you to disable the line monitor option or put the system into engineers mode over the phone as a temporary solution, a software patch would be most likely needed in any case depending on version of software(anything before version 3 on the quantum or 1070 panels should be updated), poor service from your installer, plenty of choice out there

I have had 3 panels with the same problem and it will not clear without new version software easy fix if the guy who installed it has the required cable /laptop and patch .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ozzy1609

Hi, can anyone please supply me with an Install Manual for the HKC Quantum 70 ? I have the User manual but don't have the Install Manual.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ozzy1609

ozzy1609 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone please supply me with an Install Manual for the HKC Quantum 70 ? I have the User manual but don't have the Install Manual.
    Thanks

Thanks KoolKid and altor for your assistance.

Your welcome, any problems let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Anyone have the install manual for hkc 70. I have the engineers code and need to disable the dialler. Anyone know how to do this??? I no longer have a phone line in the house

Enter engineer mode go to comms menu
    Press yes
    Go to dialler
    Then say yes to dtv
    There use the hash key to find disable dtv say yes to that .
    DONE

epopnomis wrote: »
    Anyone have the install manual for hkc 70. I have the engineers code and need to disable the dialler. Anyone know how to do this??? I no longer have a phone line in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone know were the _ is on this alarm?

My wifi code has an _ and we are trying to connect the alarm to the wifi for the first time, and the engineer can't seem to find _

• Advertisement

GrumPy wrote: »
    Anyone know were the _ is on this alarm?

My wifi code has an _ and we are trying to connect the alarm to the wifi for the first time, and the engineer can't seem to find _

Its in number 1, press 3 times

Advertisement