Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime queues. Rip-off BoI.

Options
  • 12-09-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Two issues:

I found myself waiting in a queue in my branch of BoI at lunchtime.  I entered the queue at 13.05, and 20 minutes later had moved up 3 places (one of these because someone ahead of me couldn't wait any longer and left).  I was finally served 35 minutes later.  There was only one teller open.  We were in the queue because our business was such that it couldn't be done online or on the machines.  I am not happy at having to spend the majority of my lunch break in the bank.  (Rathmines branch, last Tuesday.)

Secondly, I needed copies of a couple of bank statements which I'd mislaid.  Yes I know it's coming up time for Prelim Tax - which is why I need them, and you probably have lots of people looking for them. BUT a charge of €3.90 for the first sheet, and €2.50 for each sheet thereafter is incredible.  I can't get them printed in the branch either, and it was implied well I shouldn't have lost them.  Yeah, yeah, like nobody ever mislays anything.  This is some extraordinarily expensive paper.  I sincerely hope it's gold plated when it arrives. 

This is just a kick in the teeth to somebody whose taxes are bailing your bank out, whose taxes have been increased in order to bail the banks out and who simultaneously had their mortgage rates increased to refuel the banks!  I'm being squeezed by the banks and yet it's my responsibility to make good the banks mistakes - but I mislay a piece of paper and whoops! that's €6.40 I owe you. 

Please suggest a good alternative to yourselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Julius Caesar,

Apologies for the issue you have encountered recently. I have passed your feedback on to the Rathmines branch regarding the long wait time you experienced.

The branch do not have the facility to print out statements for customers. If you have Banking 365 eStatements may be an option. Once you sign up for eStatements, your statements will be available via 365 online for 7 years. Your eStatement will be displayed electronically as a PDF and you can print your eStatement by choosing the Print option under the File menu or clicking on the Print icon in the toolbar. You can also save your eStatement by clicking on the Save a Copy icon in the toolbar or under the File menu. This may be an option for you.

Again we are sorry you were dissatisfied with the recent experience you have had with us and we hope this will improve for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Hi Julius Caesar,

Apologies for the issue you have encountered recently. I have passed your feedback on to the Rathmines branch regarding the long wait time you experienced.

The branch do not have the facility to print out statements for customers. If you have Banking 365 eStatements may be an option. Once you sign up for eStatements, your statements will be available via 365 online for 7 years. Your eStatement will be displayed electronically as a PDF and you can print your eStatement by choosing the Print option under the File menu or clicking on the Print icon in the toolbar. You can also save your eStatement by clicking on the Save a Copy icon in the toolbar or under the File menu. This may be an option for you.

Again we are sorry you were dissatisfied with the recent experience you have had with us and we hope this will improve for you.

Thanks
    Linda
    No I don't have Banking 365, so that information is of no use to me.  It still doesn't answer the point that the price being charged is outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Every single bank is busy during lunchtime, yes they could do something to speed it up a little bit, but I never go to bank during lunchtime.

The fee for statement is to discourage customers to use this service and use online banking instead which is free. Banks are trying to move everything to online service. If you choose not to have 365 Banking - you have to be prepared to pay higher fees for services that are free online. That's pretty normal not only for BoI.

Advertisement