Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation of Standing Order Online

Options
  • 12-09-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just set up a new standing order and I'm curious as to why I can't get the activation code sent to my mobile phone. Apart from one (the Credit Card one) all of the direct debits were activated using codes sent by text and the standing order value is much lower than the 3k limit that applied to the direct debits with regard to text activation.

Have I missed something or do all standing orders require the activation codes to be posted out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi delos, 

Thanks for your post. 

All Standing Order activations on 365 Online require the activation code to be sent by post. 

When a Standing Order is activated, it becomes a continuous automated payment so for added security, the activation code needs to be sent by post. 

Procedures are constantly under review and if there is a change, we will advise of this through the usual channels. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement