Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle problem

Options
  • 12-09-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

My kindle (keyboard edition) has developed a problem. It has some vertical lines obscuring the text, but only in the top corner. So out of every page about 4 or 5 words are missing (one on each line for 4/5 lines).

It's out of warranty with amazon. Is there a way I can organise my kindle so that the text is slightly lowered or something? I don't want to buy a new kndle over a small inconvenience like this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

I'm on my third, I love amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

diograis wrote: »
    I'm on my third, I love amazon!

They replaced my first no questions asked and offered me good deals on another replacement, but still would rather sort this. Their customer service is amazing though.

Actually, just realised increasing font size helps a lot. I'll probably just do that and get over it

EDIT: actually changing the words per line sorted this completely as it centred the text. Mods can close this if they wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soozsooz

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a Kindle fixed in Carlow Town or Gorey, mine has stopped working and I really really need to get it fixed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

contact amazon, they're sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've gone through the process a few times this year (the most recent was yesterday!).
    Pretty painless. Amazon support is superb.

If out of warranty, you pay a discounted amount for a new Kindle.

I documented the process here earlier this year:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056931931

• Advertisement
Advertisement