Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming more interested in hearing health

Options
  • 12-09-2013 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

To avoid blabbing, I am a sound engineer who though an unrelated accident has tinnitus and hearing issues. The more I go through University the more I am getting worried that the accident is going to hurt my chances in the industry. This could be a case of the blues as I have a career damaging problem before reaching 25 years old though.

l would like to be able to contribute towards hearing health through something medical or through research, whatever it may be.

Given that my academic background is audio engineering, would anyone here know if there is a way I could adjust my heading or take up a part time stream of education into reaching these aims, albeit very general aims?

This could be the wrong forum totally btw. =P

Would it be a case of going back to undergraduate degrees or would a masters course be the next step? Maybe through distance learning or learning at a part time, in my own time basis.

Many thanks for any help and pointers you can give me. This is a fairly fresh realisation that I am having.

I guess if I were to put a personal statement on it, if I could contribute to solving the issue of tinnitus, then I would be a happy chappy. Maybe selfish because I want rid of it but there are a few bones in my body that want to help others =P

Thanks!

Advertisement