Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok, who pulled the plug?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

So, did we as a community decide not to pay the electricity bill again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No idea - all the alarms woke me

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johncos99

Tried ringing esb but can't get through..

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Bloody alarms!! Everybody must be awake!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Well one just went off!

Looks like Greystones is out too so she's a buggy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

And just when you thought it had gone quiet...........there must be 10 alarms going off now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

There's a whole flock of them going off. Very soothing!

Well one just went off!

Looks like Greystones is out too so she's a buggy!!

How do you know?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

Just been down in the village and they have power down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Main street has power.

How do you know?

One if my remote sites went offline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Anyone know if dart is running ok? Cant get their website to open on my crappy 3g signal.
    Thanks

Jimjay wrote: »
    Anyone know if dart is running ok? Cant get their website to open on my crappy 3g signal.
    Thanks

I think the darts like is independent but there's nothing on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

My girlfiend said there was a big flash of light in the night. She thought it was lightening but heard no thunder. Anyone else see a storm, could have knocked power out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johncos99

Thanks

The darts are definitely running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BigElf

ESB Networks (1890 372 999) say there's a major fault in the Delgany & Greystones area. There is currently no estimated repair time.

My girlfiend said there was a big flash of light in the night. She thought it was lightening but heard no thunder. Anyone else see a storm, could have knocked power out!
    9189283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Must be back. My surveillance camera is back online. :-)

ESB saying it could be 4pm before its fixed

https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Apparently it's back now mango....

I'm not home but read on Facebook that it's back.

We need an investigation to see what the aliens did to cause the power outage!

I'm curious now after hearing about this flash!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

WTF! My missus saw the 'flash' also & I laughed at her crazy conspiracy theories :o

Did someone nuke Bray? #prayforbray

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Quick question for people. As well as the lovely alarms going off our smoke alarms and house alarm was beeping when the power was out. Any idea why and what we could have done to stop it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Saw the flash also with no thunder. This was about 5.15am I think. I wasn't quite awake so didn't think much of it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

The power came back on around 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

audreyp wrote: »
    Quick question for people. As well as the lovely alarms going off our smoke alarms and house alarm was beeping when the power was out. Any idea why and what we could have done to stop it?

Most alarms actually go off when power cuts, ours runs off a back-up battery so this wasn't the case, but the beeping is to advise you're on battery power. The smoke alarms beeping (although annoying) is a safety feature to advise that you're off the mains supply and running down the battery.
    Bloody annoying though, akin to waterboarding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Chances are, if you don't set your alarm when you're in the house, then when there's a power cut the control panel will bleep at 10 second intervals to let you know.

The smoke alarm, I'm not so sure about. Perhaps the battery is nearly dead? We replaced ours for the first time since we moved in a month ago, so 9 years and two months is a fair innings for a smoke alarm battery!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

My alarm was beeping, but not the smoke alarm. Agree with Eponymous; might be worth checking the battery. Or try cooking something to see if it's still working properly.

Advertisement