Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10-22 hammer

Options
  • 13-09-2013 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi all looking for a stock or aftermarket 10-22 hammer. having problems with cartridge ejection ( no silly replies please). living in kildare area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

adrian5765 wrote: »
    hi all looking for a stock or aftermarket 10-22 hammer. having problems with cartridge ejection ( no silly replies please). living in kildare area.

What makes you think it's the hammer that coursing ejection problems??

Could be many other reasons that course that to happen.
    First it may be best to talk to people that have worked on 10/22's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

It's not usually the hammer that causes ejection problems.

The first thing I'd do is take out the bolt, strip it down and clean it. I'd also make sure the receiver is clean of any grit or dirt.

The contact areas between the receiver and bolt should also be well polished so the bolt runs smoothly.

If that doesn't do it then you should try replacing the extractor.

There are plenty of videos on yootoob to show you how it's all done.

Bw

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

when the charging handle comes back it is smooth until it feels like it has hit the hammer after firing. have taken the bolt out cleaning thoroughly and polished all contact and running surfaces. without trigger unit attached silky smooth movement on the slide but a s soon as trigger unit installed feels almost like a two stage draw on the charging handle. I'm at HH today will shoot some clean rounds and check again.thanks for ur info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

The bolt spring and the shaft it runs on may need some work, take out the charging handle and see how well it runs on it's own. They don't run great out of the gun even if they are ok but worth giving it a bit of a polish anyway.

Check that the trigger unit runs ok out of the gun, it should all feel very smooth. Have you polished the contact parts in the trigger group itself?

Bw

when the charging handle comes back it is smooth until it feels like it has hit the hammer after firing. have taken the bolt out cleaning thoroughly and polished all contact and running surfaces. without trigger unit attached silky smooth movement on the slide but a s soon as trigger unit installed feels almost like a two stage draw on the charging handle. I'm at HH today will shoot some clean rounds and check again.thanks for ur info.

I'll take a look at it, I'm in HH after lunch.

• Advertisement

Cheers to Clive for all his help today

Cheers to Clive for all his help today

All good now and your first comp tomorrow. Aim small :D:D
    Don't forget Noel as well ;);)

Sorry for all the help and guidance from the Noel oli and the guys at HH

Advertisement