Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vicar street over 18s????

Options
  • 13-09-2013 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm going to be 18 in December, but I'm going to see Bo Burnham in November. The people I'm going with are both 17 as well, and we're really worried about being turned away, especially since we have to travel up from Cork to see him. Has anyone else been in this situation, or does anyone know how strict they are for ID? I also look a lot younger than I am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Vicar St. is typically over 18's unless specified otherwise on the ticket. No major venue in Dublin is operating a policy of being more/less strict and anyone telling you otherwise is spreading nonsense. It just isn't worth the risk to them. The only real factor is how good a job a particular bouncer on the day is doing which is impossible to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

We really need a sticky for this. This gets asked so many times around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

If you're not 18, don't even bother.

Doesn't matter how much you love the band or how old you look.

You'll most likely be refused so don't buy the ticket.

The old "I won't even try to buy alcohol there" line is a common one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Eh if you have the ticket I don't see why you wouldn't try? What's the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mk231

mk231 wrote: »
    I'm going to be 18 in December, but I'm going to see Bo Burnham in November. The people I'm going with are both 17 as well, and we're really worried about being turned away, especially since we have to travel up from Cork to see him. Has anyone else been in this situation, or does anyone know how strict they are for ID? I also look a lot younger than I am

Turns out I actually know someone going who's over 18. Will I be able to get in with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Eh if you have the ticket I don't see why you wouldn't try? What's the worst that could happen?

You do know that these venues aren't allowed to sell alcohol to under 18s and if they are caught doing so they could be fined or forced to close for a period which would affect ticket prices or could possibly lead to cancelled gigs. This affects over 18 gig goers.

They do have these rules for a reason, not just to inconvenience under 18s.

If you know someone over 18 it won't make a jot of difference. If you look young you'll still most likely be asked for ID.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement