Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If you have time, Rory is giving a masterclass live on facebook with Niall Horan and Paige Spiranac. https://www.facebook.com/TheEuropeanTour/videos/10155125540980969/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

prawnsambo wrote: »
    If you have time, Rory is giving a masterclass live on facebook with Niall Horan and Paige Spiranac. https://www.facebook.com/TheEuropeanTour/videos/10155125540980969/

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Didn't see it, how was paige spiranac?

She's handy enough with an iron in her hand

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I only got the last ten or so minutes myself, she seemed to be more working with the crowd and asking questions rather than swinging a club.

There was some great stuff from Rory though and Niall Horan made for a very good 'pupil' - I'd love to be able to hit the ball like he does. :)

McIlroy hit a couple of driver shots off the deck at the end. It was gobsmacking stuff. He also seems like a very good teacher. Very relaxed and very supportive. I hope the European Tour release the full video at some stage, It's very entertaining and informative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

She didn't hit a single shot. It was all Rory, Horan and some young lad off +1 in the audience.

• Advertisement

He said he doesn't usually hold back with the driver:

The chip following that drive ran right past the edge of the hole. Looked in all the way until the last few inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,323 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Due to the delay yesterday, Rory had to go out this morning(7.30am) to complete his second round and he's now the leader at the halfway point, -15, 2 clear of Donaldson in second. Not a bad mornings work, he picked up 5 shots.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/european-tour/leaderboard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Watching live now. Saturday morning is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was hoping Tiger wouldn't make the cut in the Farmers because Sky were completely overdoing the love-in for him. It's great that he's back from injury but Jaysus there's lots of other players in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Was hoping Tiger wouldn't make the cut in the Farmers because Sky were completely overdoing the love-in for him. It's great that he's back from injury but Jaysus there's lots of other players in the tournament.
    You, me and many others if the Sky Twitter feed is to be believed. They got very defensive about it during the broadcast last night but were defiant about it being the biggest story in the history of the world or something.

We know why they do it; that doesn't make it right. At least he'll be off the course early so they'll be forced to squeeze in some coverage of the leaders between Tiger replays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

It's even worse when he is playing bad. We end up watching a petulant tiger throwing a strop. Horrible viewing. They really need to find a balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I thought this was the Rory thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The irony of a bunch of guys in the Rory thread complaining about sky giving woods too much coverage :):):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    The irony of a bunch of guys in the Rory thread complaining about sky giving woods too much coverage :):):)

If Rory was tied 47th and dominating the coverage you might have a point.

First Up wrote: »
    I think you missed the point...

I think you missed the point...
    Feel free to enlighten me.

Guys complaining about the over cvoverage of TW take the discussion about TW to the Rory thread. Thus increasing his coverage here. Ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

BTW, Rory is one off the lead heading into the final round.

Tees off at 8.45 don't drink too many pints and set the alarm clock lads.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Guys complaining about the over cvoverage of TW take the discussion about TW to the Rory thread. Thus increasing his coverage here. Ironic.
    Fair enough but the thread title doesn't negate the point.

• Advertisement

Probably needs a 65 tomorrow for the win.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

All the pressure is on Li. I'd say he could get away with less than that, but it would be a decent score and seems avhievable for him.

All the pressure is on Li. I'd say he could get away with less than that, but it would be a decent score and seems avhievable for him.
    Should be entertaining anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

nice start from rory, 2 under threw the first 7 holes,

Rory finally hits the front

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Li's a bit of a drama queen. :)

Rory goes in the bunker on the 11th and just shrugs, Li lands on the green leaving a fifteen footer and drops the club.

Li's a bit of a drama queen. :)

Rory goes in the bunker on the 11th and just shrugs, Li lands on the green leaving a fifteen footer and drops the club.

Mind games!

Seems to have worked, mcllroy dropped a shot on 11.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mind games!

Seems to have worked, mcllroy dropped a shot on 11.
    Well he was second up, so not sure how that affected Rory's tee shot. :)

Well he was second up, so not sure how that affected Rory's tee shot. :)

Bunker shot wasn't the best.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Bunker shot wasn't the best.
    It was probably the best he could expect. Maybe a yard too long, but that's very fine margins from a bunker shot with very little green to work with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement