Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    I see this tread has died a death since the chosen one didn't get it done..well done Sebastian

You’ve been quiet on this thread recently...funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wow last I checked he was well out of it ! Great effort . Fair play soder

Yeah he played well to get into playoff then with all putting for birdied he holed his and watched all inside him miss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    I see this tread has died a death since the chosen one didn't get it done..well done Sebastian

Very quiet in here when he shot 67/63 - thread only came alive when he hit a wedge into the water.

Same ol people that will criticise the bad shot and then dissappear for the good shot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Poor putt in the playoff to bring it to another hole. I wasn't confident he would make the putt. Still a great performance over the last 7 holes to get into the playoff.

When is he out next?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

etxp wrote: »
    Poor putt in the playoff to bring it to another hole. I wasn't confident he would make the putt. Still a great performance over the last 7 holes to get into the playoff.

When is he out next?

Wentworth I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tiredness must have played a part after his big win in the USA.

I'm surprised he even turned up in Crans tbh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tiredness must have played a part after his big win in the USA.

I'm surprised he even turned up in Crans tbh.
    Omega are one of his big sponsors. Other than that he'd not have been there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Getting to a play off straight after a win is not bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Old diesel wrote: »
    Getting to a play off straight after a win is not bad tbh.

€450,000 is peanuts anyway...

Rory, no better player when on, when not,you'd pull your own hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Has just beaten Brooks to PGA tour player of the year award voted on by his fellow players.

Surprising I suppose and Brooks will probably go and win all the majors next year now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Has just beaten Brooks to PGA tour player of the year award voted on by his fellow players.

Surprising I suppose and Brooks will probably go and win all the majors next year now!!

Koepka obviously was better in the majors but mcilroy was the best player this year. The stats back it up. If koepka has managed to win a second major then he probably would have won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Deserved for his consistent form all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Nice way for him to be told too...

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1171832561070485504

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

When Rory out again ? Went worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,355 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    When Rory out again ? Went worth?

Yeah think he said that'll be his next one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He has committed to playing the Irish Open next year if the tournament is played in May on the dates that are being touted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Keano wrote: »
    He has committed to playing the Irish Open next year if the tournament is played in May on the dates that are being touted.

Where did you see that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I read earlier he said he wouldn't miss two irish opens in a row......

if it is in May

Hopefully he'll be wearing the green jacket!

Who's hosting the Irish open next year?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Keano wrote: »

Who cares if he does or he doesn't. We know the current British Open Champion will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Who cares if he does or he doesn't. We know the current British Open Champion will be there.

The Open.

Shane Lowry thread ——->

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Rumoured to be Mount Juliet but nothing confirmed yet

Edit: thought you meant the course

Hopefully he'll be wearing the green jacket!

They haven’t said, due to be Harrington but no confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Remind me wrote: »
    They haven’t said, due to be Harrington but no confirmation.

It will hardly be Harrington next year, too much on his plate for the next 12 months to commit to this too I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

It will hardly be Harrington next year, too much on his plate for the next 12 months to commit to this too I'd imagine

I agree. The following year would make a lot more sense. Apart from being after the Ryder Cup, it would be his final appearance before turning 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

Rory reveals a deal to keep his full membership on euro tour

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11813149/rory-mcilroy-reaches-deal-with-european-tour-to-remain-a-full-member

Not a fan of deals been done for specific people. Even the deal isn’t great for Europe. He shouldn’t be allowed to classify the end of season one of them but a different Rolex event.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He's committed to the Irish Open next year too...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Trampas wrote: »
    Rory reveals a deal to keep his full membership on euro tour

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/11813149/rory-mcilroy-reaches-deal-with-european-tour-to-remain-a-full-member

Not a fan of deals been done for specific people. Even the deal isn’t great for Europe. He shouldn’t be allowed to classify the end of season one of them but a different Rolex event.

Read that last night, if you don’t play your national open you have to play in 2 additional events?

That in itself is a deal. I’m not a fan of players missing their national open but an additional 2 events is a big undertaking especially is US based.

Yeah specific deals aren't good but ultimately he's in Wentworth today and at the Dunhill links next week so that's good for the European tour. I'd agree with him on the slow play of the Solheim Cup. It was a good event but it's good to see the top players calling it as it is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Playing a skins game in Japan next month. Woods, Day and Matsuyama turning up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement