Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭rooney30

Dav010 wrote: »
    Though many people think Keopke is the typical American personality-less automaton, I like him. He showed that he wasn’t afraid to criticise fellow pros about slow play, like Mcilroy he isn’t afraid to speak his mind. I think it would be great if there was a bit of spite between them, the rivalry would drive both of them on, and to be honest, the game is a bit sterile and dull at the moment due to the lack of personalities. Woods and Michelson hated each other, everyone hated Singh, it used to be a bit more interesting.

Having said that, Keopke has a very valid point, since he came on tour, he hasn’t had to worry too much about Mcilroy.

Agree that Koepka isn’t afraid to speak his mind and I welcome this . However up until last season he was as dull as dishwater . This drew some criticism . Can’t help feeling that him being so outspoken recently is a little bit contrived . Maybe he was feeling some pressure from sponsors and or management

Brooks might be taking a leaf out of Conor McGregor's trash talking book trying to up his profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Brooks might be taking a leaf out of Conor McGregor's trash talking book trying to up his profile.

Up his profile?

Up his profile?

Yeah make people more interested in watching him.

Yeah make people more interested in watching him.

I don’t get the sense that he cares to much about people finding him interesting, being number 1 and winning majors should take care of any issues with profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Though many people think Keopke is the typical American personality-less automaton, I like him. He showed that he wasn’t afraid to criticise fellow pros about slow play, like Mcilroy he isn’t afraid to speak his mind. I think it would be great if there was a bit of spite between them, the rivalry would drive both of them on, and to be honest, the game is a bit sterile and dull at the moment due to the lack of personalities. Woods and Michelson hated each other, everyone hated Singh, it used to be a bit more interesting.

Having said that, Keopke has a very valid point, since he came on tour, he hasn’t had to worry too much about Mcilroy.
    Rory literally beat him head to head a few weeks ago

AdamD wrote: »
    Rory literally beat him head to head a few weeks ago

He certainly did, but Keopke was talking about the Majors, to him that’s all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dog Murphy

rooney30 wrote: »
    Agree that Koepka isn’t afraid to speak his mind and I welcome this . However up until last season he was as dull as dishwater . This drew some criticism . Can’t help feeling that him being so outspoken recently is a little bit contrived . Maybe he was feeling some pressure from sponsors and or management

He said in an interview last year that he kept quiet because he didn't feel he had built up enough status in the game to be entitled to be spouting off,which is a fair enough reason. 4 major wins now I guess makes him feel comfortable enough to say what he wants.

He certainly did, but Keopke was talking about the Majors, to him that’s all that matters.

In fairness to Rory he should have won the masters Patrick Reed won in 18. He was certainly competing for it anyway.

In fairness to Rory he should have won the masters Patrick Reed won in 18. He was certainly competing for it anyway.

He could have, should have. Either way, he didn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Keopka going well at the CJ Cup but it's the brother Chase, Brooks has withdraw with a knee injury.

Rory is in Japan isn't he? I presume he's at the rugby.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

It’s mental warfare from Brooks plain and simple, and he’s picked an easy target who is mentally shaky and emotional

It’s mental warfare from Brooks plain and simple, and he’s picked an easy target who is mentally shaky and emotional

Brooks could get too mouthy and find he doesn't win another major for a while and start to feel the pressure.

Brooks could get too mouthy and find he doesn't win another major for a while and start to feel the pressure.

Sound like anyone we know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I don’t get the sense that he cares to much about people finding him interesting, being number 1 and winning majors should take care of any issues with profile.

Him bitching and moaning about not being asked for interviews and not enough journos attending his press conferences suggests otherwise.

fullstop wrote: »
    Him bitching and moaning about not being asked for interviews and not enough journos attending his press conferences suggests otherwise.

I wasn’t aware he did that, can you provide a link?

He’s putting pressure on his nearest rival who chokes when the going gets tough it’s that simple, does Rory have the minerals? Ball’s in his court no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Keopka going well at the CJ Cup but it's the brother Chase, Brooks has withdraw with a knee injury.

Rory is in Japan isn't he? I presume he's at the rugby.

He was . He was seen laughing at one point

He’s putting pressure on his nearest rival who chokes when the going gets tough it’s that simple, does Rory have the minerals? Ball’s in his court no excuses

He was choking on $15m after Brooks faded at the Fed Ex.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I believe Shane Lowry was at the match too. Don`t know about the laughing part though.

He was choking on $15m after Brooks faded at the Fed Ex.

Yawn

Yawn

Great contribution again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

He clearly wants to be loved in the same way that Spieth, Fowler etc are by the US fans/media.

He's a great golfer obviously but I just don't think people find him that interesting as a personality.

I'm a fan of his myself and I'm intrigued as to how he'll perform in the majors next year. I reckon McIlroy will contend for at least one next year and I'd love to see them go head to head.

NDWC wrote: »
    He clearly wants to be loved in the same way that Spieth, Fowler etc are by the US fans/media.

He's a great golfer obviously but I just don't think people find him that interesting as a personality.

I'm a fan of his myself and I'm intrigued as to how he'll perform in the majors next year.
    Agreed. He cares deeply what people think of him.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Laughing? Really, what on earth was he thinking.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Agreed. He cares deeply what people think of him.

Definitely has a chip on his shoulder. Should make the golf all the more interesting next season.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Laughing? Really, what on earth was he thinking.

What can you do but laugh when your team drops the ball for the 164th time in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

So back to Rory & golf. I see that hes playing a skins match against Tiger, Day & Matsuyama in Japan.

Will people be bothered to watch it. Also, are they putting their own money up, does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Will people be bothered to watch it. Also, are they putting their own money up, does anyone know?

They should, it would he interesting then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement