Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

According to the Sky commentary it was a 5 wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

64, 74, 65, 73 - that's some pretty consistent inconsistency. All set up for a couple of good rounds in Augusta??!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I didn't see any of it unfortunately but whatever about the 74 a 73 on the Sunday is not what the doctor ordered

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

slave1 wrote: »
    I didn't see any of it unfortunately but whatever about the 74 a 73 on the Sunday is not what the doctor ordered

Watched most of it, sky just stopped showing him on Sunday. He just didn’t hit it close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Rory turns down a big pay cheque to play in Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭willabur

more to do with targetting augusta than any kind of moral stand I suspect

LOL, the Augusta comments start already, you're grand to say it, nothing wrong at all but I do wonder does he think to himself "when are they gonna start talking about Augusta", like XMas it's getting earlier every year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

LOL, the Augusta comments start already, you're grand to say it, nothing wrong at all but I do wonder does he think to himself "when are they gonna start talking about Augusta", like XMas it's getting earlier every year

Augusta starts as soon as the open was over. Just like Christmas starts as soon as the bonfires go out.

Big Phil stood up and took his spot and missing Phoenix. First time to miss that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Why Rory not at the hero challenge lol

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Resting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭bren2001

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Has he ever played it? It's a bit of a joke of a tournament really.

Super line up for a joke, also a total charity tournament, Tiger always donates his winnings back, I'm sure others do too

Super line up for a joke, also a total charity tournament, Tiger always donates his winnings back, I'm sure others do too

Great line up, it's great that some charities get something out of it. Ludicrous that there are OWGR ranking points on offer for a invitational tournament of that style. Hence why I think it's a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Rory giving up a $2.5 million appearance fee. Incredible! Protecting his 'brand'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

bren2001 wrote: »
    Great line up, it's great that some charities get something out of it. Ludicrous that there are OWGR ranking points on offer for a invitational tournament of that style. Hence why I think it's a bit of a joke.

Its a competition. The points are based on SOF, which is a set ruling so points been offered is based on available talent

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Its a competition. The points are based on SOF, which is a set ruling so points been offered is based on available talent

Problem being you could shoot 4 80’s and still get more points than the winner on European tour this week I’d say.

Remind me wrote: »
    Problem being you could shoot 4 80’s and still get more points than the winner on European tour this week I’d say.

That is one of the most ridiculous thing ever written here and there is some amount of ****e written here. Dont check the facts, just spout ****e

A European tour event has minimum 24 points for the winner. Many weeks it is inflated up to this number hence easy points available

Last year Hideki Matsuyama got 2.4 points for coming last

And they earn the right to be there!

ANd you are covered if you say I'd say at the end!!

That is one of the most ridiculous thing ever written here and there is some amount of ****e written here. Dont check the facts, just spout ****e

A European tour event has minimum 24 points for the winner. Many weeks it is inflated up to this number hence easy points available

Last year Hideki Matsuyama got 2.4 points for coming last

And they earn the right to be there!

How many points is the winner in Mauritius getting this week?

• Advertisement

Top ranked player number 66 in world. Only 4 from top 100 versus a comp with lowest 44th in the world and 6 of top 10

So not 24 points in the sh**te you were spouting?

So not 24 points in the sh**te you were spouting?

It isnt a full European event. Maybe learn to google and not get me to try educate you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_World_Golf_Ranking

You made outrageous claim and then try back out of it!!

Educating stupid people is hard!!

Mod Comment : These types of posts are not welcome here

So all European tour events do not have minimum 24 points?

So all European tour events do not have minimum 24 points?

Yes they do. I am just wondering how stupid you can make yourself look at this stage.

A second official source for you

http://www.owgr.com/about

Are you deflected that you claimed last place in Hero Challenge would get more points than the Mauritious open, which isnt a full European tour event

I gave you extra info in refuting your ridiculousness that you somehow are using to make yourself look even stupider

I’m just wondering how worked up 1 person can get.....

Back on topic

• Advertisement

The only way to qualify is to be in the top 11 in the world or get a sponsors pick or be defending champion. An event with a qualifying structure like that shouldn't get any ranking points. May as well give 4 lads who play a round together ranking points if this competition is getting them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement