Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

galait wrote: »
    He is there for the money , It was reported his appearance fee this week greatly exceeds the Total prize money on offer --- Fair Play to Him...

Well if they're willing to pay him, why wouldn't he take it? It'll be interesting to see how he goes. I thought he wasn't at his best last week, but still managed to get second.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

abff wrote: »
    Great year for Rory. Apart from all his wins, he was extremely consistent. He only missed one cut all season (the Irish Open) and his worst finish in any other tournament was tied 25th.

Amazing to think that his only missed cut all season was the Irish open. I'd say the sponsors loved that!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Amazing to think that his only missed cut all season was the Irish open. I'd say the sponsors loved that!

He's hosting this year's event, so if he misses the cut again, it'll be a bit embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Amazing to think that he couldn't seem to pull a round together on a Friday only months ago....
    The "Freaky Fridays" were only really put to bed after The Open.

Was still a big talking point in July
    http://m.scotsman.com/sport/golf/top-stories/rory-mcilroy-has-a-freaky-friday-at-scottish-open-1-3474524

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

vienne86 wrote: »
    He's hosting this year's event, so if he misses the cut again, it'll be a bit embarassing.

Not at all. All the extra media pressure from hosting the event will be an obvious distraction to his mental preparation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Decent start from Rory down under. Just two off the lead and Adam Scott is well down the field. Maybe a weekend showdown with Jordan Speith this time round.

Delayed coverage tonight at 6pm on Sky sports.
    This event isn't on the PGA or European tours, highly likely that it wouldn't covered without mcilroy playing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This event isn't on the PGA or European tours, highly likely that it wouldn't covered without mcilroy playing.

Well then I would like to thank him very much for playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

All the big Australian tournaments are shown live on Sky and are replayed in the day. This one was shown live and again this morning (plus again this evening.)

Been that way for years. Nothing to do with McIlroy.

Grand start by Rory. Course seems difficult enough.

• Advertisement

Sky decided to show two minutes of Rory in the entire show. I know he was out early but that's disappointing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Sky decided to show two minutes of Rory in the entire show. I know he was out early but that's disappointing.

Don't worry, they'll make up for it tomorrow, I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Up and down start today. Bogey on 3 & 4. Birdie on 5. T12th

Adam Scott with the low round of the week so far with a 66 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Another round of -2 today and he's up to tied second

5 under round from Adam Scott brings him back into contention!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The main reason for that was Delta losing his golf clubs. I don't think he got them back until the day before the tournament began.

Looks like he had a pretty mad round yesterday, needs to settle down a bit now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

rrpc wrote: »
    The main reason for that was Delta losing his golf clubs. I don't think he got them back until the day before the tournament began.

Not having that!

He hadn't played for the last 6 weeks but rocked up and finished second last week. Missing probably 2 days of practice because of AWOL clubs didn't cause him to miss the cut last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Hoping Rory puts in 2 low rounds over the weekend. Also hoping this twat Chalmers collapses and somehow comes last. This was such a blatant purposeful non-fore call in search of a nice bounce off a spectator's head. How this is allowed to happen is beyond me.

http://instagram.com/p/v77NnSGg8z/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote: »
    Hoping Rory puts in 2 low rounds over the weekend. Also hoping this twat Chalmers collapses and somehow comes last. This was such a blatant purposeful non-fore call in search of a nice bounce off a spectator's head. How this is allowed to happen is beyond me.

http://instagram.com/p/v77NnSGg8z/?utm_source=partner&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=video&modal=true

It happens way too often. Disgraceful; that could kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Little bit off topic, Rory McIlroy is a candidate for BBC sports personality of the year.

That's all

• Advertisement

Oblomov wrote: »
    Little bit off topic, Rory McIlroy is a candidate for BBC sports personality of the year.

That's all

Shoo in surely. Who else comes close?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

HighLine wrote: »

Something needs to be done about these guys, that's disgraceful. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Shoo in surely. Who else comes close?

Lewis Hamilton?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Is it disgraceful when the shot is that good though? If it had gone in would it still be disgraceful?

Lewis Hamilton?

Yeah, good call. Forgot about him. He'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Golf just doesn't get the vote in that competition

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Definitely. And to make matters worse.. apparently he was wearing a black band of some sort in respect for Philip Hughes who, as we know, died as a result of a ball strike to the head.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Is it disgraceful when the shot is that good though? If it had gone in would it still be disgraceful?

Is this a serious question? Oh and also... the shot wasn't that good... it was in fact very bad and hence why "fore" should have been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah it was terrible brutal attempt...:rolleyes:

Say it had gone in, as it very nearly did, would it still have been disgraceful?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Say it had gone in, as it very nearly did, would it still have been disgraceful?

Yes. End of

• Advertisement

Yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement