Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Disaster already!!! Poor after an excellent drive

Couldn’t even save the bogey. A solid 4 putt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

That's Rory done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

That's poor from the middle of the fairway

I really don't think the rock hard greens suit him

Still reckon he'll win more majors though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Needed a decent start, didn't get it, bogey on the first and he's almost done.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

That first pin is fair sneaky. Johnson was 6 feet away at one stage and then fell all the way back to front of the green.

Rory just had to get the ball up that hill at the very least. Probably easier said than done though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

El Sueño wrote: »
    That's poor from the middle of the fairway

I really don't think the rock hard greens suit him

Still reckon he'll win more majors though

He has a long wait for the Senior Tour:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Happy4all wrote: »

How do you know I wasn't referring to the senior tour? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Happy4all wrote: »

Nightmare start with that 4 putt. Very disappointing. Nice save on the 2nd though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The greens are treacherous but very poor start. Hard to see him featuring now

• Advertisement

It’s actually stupid how much he infuriated me sometimes.

Big chance on 4 to get it close and now struggling for par again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Rory is a confidence player, he becomes deflated by errors and there is a spring in his step when he makes shots but he seems to become rash when this happens and then makes silly mistakes , he needs to smooth out the highs and lows .

He is not great under pressure these days

He might as well take one of those buggies and drive away.

Shocking tee shot. Double cross trying to hit the cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

Following all the updates by boards posters here as I have no sky sports. Is the wind picking up because from the short clips I have seen online, the greens are getting quite baked. Keep up the updates guys. Much appreciated! Rory saved par there but that was on the drivable 6th hole. Plenty of work for Rors to get his round back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

7 holes played and Rory has been dreadful. Headed for an 80. Irons, wedges, putting not at the races

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The amount of times he blows up early on a Sunday is worrying. Couple of terrible shots and it's curtains before he'd even made the second tee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

The amount of times he blows up early on a Sunday is worrying. Couple of terrible shots and it's curtains before he'd even made the second tee.

Very often he posts the worst Sunday round of the top 20 going into that day's play. Noticed it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭blackcard

After 8 holes, his closest birdie attempt was from 35 feet which he duly 3 putted.

373 yard drive at the ninth and then a beauty of a approach. 14 feet for an eagle 3, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

He started the day in 7th and he is currently in 7th, which I cant quite wrap my head around given the rubbish that has been played.

New Era wrote: »
    373 yard drive at the ninth and then a beauty of a approach. 14 feet for an eagle 3, fingers crossed.

Gave the eagle try a go but the putt just didn't drop. A birdie though and 8 behind heading into the back nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Between Rory doing what he usually does and Bryson ST****DS De Chambeau beefcaking it round the course this is turning into a thoroughly depressing watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

I must say I’m enjoying it!
    What’s beefcaking it? Smashing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    He started the day in 7th and he is currently in 7th, which I cant quite wrap my head around given the rubbish that has been played.

Maybe it’s quite difficult? One player under par for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

6 off the lead, where he started the day.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    6 off the lead, where he started the day.

2 birdies in his last three holes and a reachable par 5 at his next hole also. It's still possible but would need to shoot a further 3 under in his last 7 holes for an unlikely victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

2 birdies in his last three holes and a reachable par 5 at his next hole also. It's still possible but would need to shoot a further 3 under in his last 7 holes for an unlikely victory.

Yeah, greatest back 9 by anybody ever is all that's required:D

Yeah, greatest back 9 by anybody ever is all that's required:D

Anything is possible for Rory. If he were to be still in contention heading into his final two holes, we could heading for something special. I also think that in the long term that being a dad for the first time, will give Rory a better attitude and I expect rors to have a strong conclusion to the calendar year.

• Advertisement

Anything is possible for Rory. If he were to be still in contention heading into his final two holes, we could heading for something special. I also think that in the long term that being a dad for the first time, will give Rory a better attitude and I expect rors to have a strong conclusion to the calendar year.

Unless dechambeau and Wolff implode at the back nine, the events at the ninth, mean that Rory will have to wait until the Masters in mid November, to break his 6 year major duck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement