Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Glad to hear it seems to be resolved and he can concentrate on golf again. It was all done very quickly, so the Honda classic is his next event. It's a bit of a wait, is there anyway he'd consider playing sooner or is it too late to alter his programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

While it might have been nice to hear the details of contracts etc., I'm glad that sense has prevailed. Why they can't sort these things before they get near to court beats me. But it is good news anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Glad for Rory - he won't make that mistake again!

Hope he tears Augusta apart now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

He looked relaxed outside the Four Courts.

59316488936e03372ab389744da180163020773d.jpg

He looked relaxed outside the Four Courts.

59316488936e03372ab389744da180163020773d.jpg

Looks like Ronnie Barker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

vienne86 wrote: »
    While it might have been nice to hear the details of contracts etc., I'm glad that sense has prevailed. Why they can't sort these things before they get near to court beats me. But it is good news anyway.

RTE news reporting that mcllroy Will have to pay his former management company around 25 million.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

independent reporting 15 million. big swing between 15-25 million.
    nobody knows, its confidential, its closed We know mcilroy got hammered but he will learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

One word...........lawyers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

independent reporting 15 million. big swing between 15-25 million.
    nobody knows, its confidential, its closed We know mcilroy got hammered but he will learn.

Hammered :confused: I'd say he got off lightly if that's the case???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

A drop in the ocean compared to what he would have handed over during the course of the original contract I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nice result for Conor Ridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭redarmy

Looks like Ronnie Barker!
    no never:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lads, I don't want to keep going on, but, lets keep to the known facts and then we'll all be happy. Speculation and non factual posts will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Nice result for Conor Ridge.

Its a bit of a scandal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Letree wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

I presume we are allowed to discuss the court case now that it has been settled. I see that the legal fees are quoted as being in the region of €5 million for each side. Surely that can't be correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

abff wrote: »
    I presume we are allowed to discuss the court case now that it has been settled. I see that the legal fees are quoted as being in the region of €5 million for each side. Surely that can't be correct?

Sounds about right. Legal costs in commercial / chancery cases are huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Letree wrote: »

True he might have got more if he hadn't settled...who knows?
    With it not going to court I guess we'll never know the full ins and outs. Surely his whole case wasn't built around that he was young and he signed it at a Christmas party?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

abff wrote: »
    Please stick to the facts as already instruceted by the local mod:
    charlieIRL wrote: »
    Lads, I don't want to keep going on, but, lets keep to the known facts and then we'll all be happy. Speculation and non factual posts will be removed.
    If you want to relay information reported elsewhere that should be fine. Trying to speculate yourself is just getting into grey ares, so please refrain from doing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Heard lots of people talking about the "crazy" money Rory had to pay out but another way to think about it is that these were fees that he had not paid regardless of what agent he was with. Granted, Horizon's percentage might have been exuberant but Rory would have paid millions in commission to which ever agent negotiated the Nike deal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Baffling alright. Lets hope he's read the small print in the Nike contract :eek::D

I was worried when he said he was leaving Horizon and letting his Dad look after his affairs.....anyway, I suppose it is not my business. Just hope he keeps the golf going!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I was worried when he said he was leaving Horizon and letting his Dad look after his affairs.....anyway, I suppose it is not my business. Just hope he keeps the golf going!

his dad is not looking after any of his affairs

the same guys who looked after him when he was in horizon are still looking after him

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rory has committed to playing Arnold Palmer invitational in March. First time playing the event

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well, the Honda Classic is this weekend and it's a deep field, should be interesting to see the best player in the world back golfing on the TV.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Would have loved to see what he would've shot around Riviera. I don't think it was his kind of course bombing-wise, dunno if he would've had the patience for it.

Really looking forward to the Honda, all eyes on players trying to pick up form for the Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Will be surprised if Rory is not out in the last group come Sunday. Toothgate 2013 aside, he loves this place. Won in 2012 and got to playoffs last year when he was in a slump in form. Should be a good tournament to watch - that 18th is a great finishing hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Looking forward to seeing him back in action.

Mods: Could we remove the bit about the court case from the title now that it's over?

Great to be discussing Rory playing golf again. This is usually a good tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Out with Dustin Johnson and Koepka on Thursday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement