Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'd say Harrington did it - went for ball missed it by 3 feet.

Then stood over him and said " Take that you ......" -

sport-graphics-2001_985679a.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ah, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭newport2

Surely Rory is worth more than Messi ?

Anyway, upshot is that Tiger will be able without any real challenge for the Open.

Without a doubt. I heard Tiger has got new shafts custom fit, he's a cert for the Open now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

newport2 wrote: »
    Without a doubt. I heard Tiger has got new shafts custom fit, he's a cert for the Open now.

No ! Tell me he didnt ! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot !

(thats two multi major winners shooting themselves in the foot in the same week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ForeRight wrote: »
    You haven't addrsssed my mcgregor question yet?

If he went and had a full blown game of football yhh it would be stupid but that was my point in the last post we don't know what Rory was doing it could of been simply hoofing the ball around I don't see what the problem is with that if it was two teams lining up against each other and all out for a win the chances are greater but its not inevitable to get a injury.
    We just agree to disagree mate I don't want it to come across as a petty argument I just feel its wrong to judge the chap as been foolish and all for playing a game football with mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

I'd say Harrington did it - went for ball missed it by 3 feet.

Then stood over him and said " Take that you ......" - "don't ever think of playing for England"

I assume you're talking about Rory! Why would he play for England? I assume Geography ain't your strongest subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

stockdam wrote: »
    I assume you're talking about Rory! Why would he play for England? I assume Geography ain't your strongest subject.

463.jpg

In all honesty, i'm pretty gutted about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Rikand wrote: »
    In before this is just pre-match hype and he makes a lazarus style recovery to play in the Open and win it

6 weeks be my guess :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

stockdam wrote: »

In fairness only fair I get a card too.

But only a joke. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SevesThreeIron

Don't know if it's been mentioned here earlier but Rory played Hermitage last Thursday. Seen a few of his shots from videos taken. Any word what score he shot?

• Advertisement

In fairness only fair I get a card too.

But only a joke. :eek:

OK I apologise......let's move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

PARlance wrote: »
    Always seen DJ as more of a linesman.

minimal-things-of-happiness-9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 34,322 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't blame him for kicking a ball with mates.

Lot of Golfers are into other sports, few are mad Race Car drivers. If one of them got killed or injured would we be so critical?

While they earn plenty(too much) they still should be able to enjoy the simple things in life

It's bad luck, not stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Jimenez skiing...
    nuf said!

No1 tackled him he went over on his ankel no1 else was near him he released a statement to sky sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

This is a massive act of stupidity from a golfer who has continually carried out very stupid actions throughout his career. Unfortunately, he surrounds himself with people who are not very clever. His legal action is a case in point. This action was a deep embarrassment to McIlroy where he was ill-advised at every turn.

Having a 5-a-side kick about is very dangerous as he would obviously not be used to such an activity making him extremely vulnerable to injury. Getting ready for the greatest modern sporting rivalry in recent times against Jordan Spieth is all he should have been concerned with.

All the old nonsense on here about him being his own man and having a bit of fun is just that. The greatest Irish golfer of our time lacks the most basic common sense.

Yes it was a bit silly playing 5-aside but it's his life and he can decide how to live it. He appears to have kept in touch with his friends and it's nice to be able to hang out with them and relax. I think that makes him a more balanced person and although there are risks he's better off living his life than the life that sponsors want you to live.

lostatsea wrote: »
    This is a massive act of stupidity from a golfer who has continually carried out very stupid actions throughout his career. Unfortunately, he surrounds himself with people who are not very clever. His legal action is a case in point. This action was a deep embarrassment to McIlroy where he was ill-advised at every turn.

Having a 5-a-side kick about is very dangerous as he would obviously not be used to such an activity making him extremely vulnerable to injury. Getting ready for the greatest modern sporting rivalry in recent times against Jordan Spieth is all he should have been concerned with.

All the old nonsense on here about him being his own man and having a bit of fun is just that. The greatest Irish golfer of our time lacks the most basic common sense.

Are you for real? He is world number one he has won multiple majors he has broken records and you still think he is carrying out stupid actions and making wrong decision yehh right.
    I tell you what you need mate.. You need to go watch robots playing golf where they hit the best possible score every round and make no mistakes in life but guess what they wont fill you with the same passion as someone like Rory. The chap is in mid 20s and enjoying himself where is the big crime? He was playing football with mates he fell over on his ankle no1 said he was playing 5 aside or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

I have done the very same thing to my ankle 5 years ago. I missed a step going out the back door of my house, foot twisted and nearly drove my lower leg out the side of my ankle. It can and does happen very easily. Hope he is back soon and with all the help at his side he should be but it took me 4 months and I wasn't able to play for another 5 months. Fear of going over it again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sh1t happens, get well soon Rors

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Rory played hermitage last week ..
    I heard that Harrington brought Phil Michelson up to Stackstown golf club on Saturday ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I looked up Rory's stats for 2015 http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.28237.rory-mcilroy.html/season It looks like he has only played competitive golf once since the middle of May and that was the US Open. Why is he playing so little golf as the current world No 1. Personally i think its unacceptable for the World No 1 to be playing so little.

He should probably have been playing in the Greenbreir Classic in West Virginia instead of playing astroturf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Letree wrote: »
    I looked up Rory's stats for 2015 http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.28237.rory-mcilroy.html/season It looks like he has only played competitive golf once since the middle of May and that was the US Open. Why is he playing so little golf as the current world No 1. Personally i think its unacceptable for the World No 1 to be playing so little.

He should probably have been playing in the Greenbreir Classic in West Virginia instead of playing astroturf.

Are you for real? He played 5 events in a row before your created date. Also... I think you will find Tiger used to play a hell of a lot less tournaments during his domination. When you are as good as they are, you don't need to play 20+ events a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

In terms of sports or things he could do, football is at the low risk end.

Don't forget Tiger tried stock car racing and bungee jumping before.
    Before the races, Woods said he expected to be involved in crashes but added his insurance was "taken care of."

Woods, who was driving a stock car in a race for the first time, warmed up for the race with another daredevil deed _ diving 440 feet from a cable car holding New Zealand's highest bungee jump Sunday.

Woods and Williams both made the jump from the Nevis Highwire near the South Island township of Queenstown, during a flying visit to the resort by helicopter and private jet.

The cable car is held by 1,247 feet of tension wires spanning the Nevis Valley, but the canyon's walls narrow to only 30 meters 98 feet at river level.

Jumpers free-fall for about 8.5 seconds, and the leap is regarded as one of the world's most daunting challenges for adventure tourists.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/24/AR2006042401073.html
    If Tiger Woods' insurers were worried about his stock-car racing plans, they would have been apoplectic at his latest adventures.

The world's number one golfer twice conquered New Zealand's highest bungy jump, the Nevis Highwire, during a whirlwind visit to Queenstown yesterday.

Woods and his New Zealand caddy and close friend Steve Williams flew to the town by private jet and were hosted on a deliberately low-profile visit by Queenstown developer John Darby.

After a two-hour lunch at the Amisfield Winery at Lake Hayes, Woods and Williams went by helicopter to the Nevis Highwire bungy, about 32km from Queenstown.

The pair each jumped twice from the cable-car platform 134m above the Nevis River. The cable car is held by 380m-long tension wires spanning the Nevis Valley but the canyon's walls narrow down to only 30m wide at river level. The jump features about 8.5 seconds of freefall and is seen as one of the world's most daunting challenges for thrillseekers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10378692

Let him have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Really???
    You don't remember him winning the WGC matchplay at the end of April, a top 10 the following week in The Players, onto the next week and he wins the Wells Fargo, jets over to Wentworth the following week and then onto complete five weeks in a row at the Irish Open at the end of May.... People were saying he was playing too much!

Edit: Highline pounced first :)

HighLine wrote: »
    Are you for real? He played 5 events in a row before your created date. Also... I think you will find Tiger used to play a hell of a lot less tournaments during his domination. When you are as good as they are, you don't need to play 20+ events a year.

1 tournament in 8 weeks at the height of summer, that is too much time off. He is 26 not 56. He has a responsibility as No 1 to show up for the fans. Whether that is for fans to see him live or to see him on Sky etc. Its golf fans who have made him what he is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

1 tournament in 8 weeks at the height of summer, that is too much time off. He is 26 not 56. He has a responsibility as No 1 to show up for the fans. Whether that is for fans to see him live or to see him on Sky etc. Its golf fans who have made him what he is today.

Sorry but you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Since the start of May (2 months ago) he has played 5 tournaments.

PARlance wrote: »
    Sorry but you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Since the start of May (2 months ago) he has played 5 tournaments.

Which ones came after Wells Fargo on 17th May apart from the US open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

What a leprechaun. Spieth Slam odds just shortened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement