Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I have it on good authority that rory will be teeing it up Thursday week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

ForeRight wrote: »

Sky Sports have just tweeted saying that Rory is able to walk short distances but is still wearing the compression boot.... here is hoping he is able to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Any lotto numbers for tomorrow night??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If he has actually ruptured ankle ligaments then he won't be playing next week. This injury, if it is a total rupture as reported, is bad. And it can heal slowly.

Or perhaps they are exaggerating the injury?

I have played football for nearly 40 years, and have badly strained ankle ligaments on a few occasions. Once it was so bad I didn't kick a ball for close to 6 months, the physio said I would have been better breaking the bone, I would have returned quicker.

Of course Rory will have the best treatment and physios but I simply can't see him playing next week. If he is, I'm calling exaggeration.

Any lotto numbers for tomorrow night??

Yeah no problem

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

Not if the injury he described is real..no way hose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I don't see there being any chance he can play next week and if he does he will either miss the cut or do himself more damage, or both. He will be a lot better not rushing it and making sure it heals properly so it doesn't give him trouble in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Dbu wrote: »
    Not if the injury he described is real..no way hose

If he plays great - but whole thing was a bit of a joke. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If he plays great - but whole thing was a bit of a joke. :D

Hoping it was exagerated love to see him in good shape and not pulling out halfway threw a round or something.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hoping it was exagerated love to see him in good shape and not pulling out halfway threw a round or something.

It doesn't make sense if he can play.

Did I hear the expression "total rupture" ?

Was thinking last night - but think this was tested before , could he use a buggy. I think answer is no.

But I think ForeRight has us all again , as he always does. Off to do the lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It doesn't make sense if he can play.

Did I hear the expression "total rupture" ?

Was thinking last night - but think this was tested before , could he use a buggy. I think answer is no.

But I think ForeRight has us all again , as he always does. Off to do the lotto.

Id imagine even of he was allowed use a buggy that the pressure of his golf swing on it would be a far greater force.

Yehh I think total rupture was mentioned yesterday but also was astro turf and five aside football even tho they didn't come from his statement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

HighLine wrote: »
    Are you for real? He played 5 events in a row before your created date. Also... I think you will find Tiger used to play a hell of a lot less tournaments during his domination. When you are as good as they are, you don't need to play 20+ events a year.

He was obviously "out on his feet" before he came to the Irish Open. He does work hard and so he also deserves time with his mates. **** happens but I doubt if Rory would want to live any differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yeah no problem

Good luck

If those numbers come up I'm going to be so mad for not playing them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

I have it on good authority that rory will be tweeting it up Thursday week

Fixed it for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Tbh it is all quite speculative.

For starters "Total Rupture" is not exactly a precise medical diagnosis.

I'd be interested to see a proper medical report before people go jumping to conclusions. Which I doubt we will be seeing until it is known when he will be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

MadYaker wrote:
    But it's none of their business! If Rory woke up in the morning and decided that he was done with golf and that he wanted to be a sheep farmer instead it's nobodies business but his own. This mentality that he somehow owes something to the fans is totally illogical.

+100 to this....
    He had a kick about with buddies, and people are getting on like he stole the Grandmother's Pension. Lotta you guys need to re read the complete waffle you're writing. Yes lots of pepple are invested in him both with time and money, but there is no sure thing in any investment. The guy has to live a life close to normal. As for a new Drama every 6 months by his own creation. .... so what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

kiers47 wrote: »

I'd be interested to see a proper medical report before people go jumping to conclusions. Which I doubt we will be seeing until it is known when he will be returning.

It was mentioned that it would be 2-3 days before they could give a full and proper diagnosis. I guess that means waiting for some swelling to go away or the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

pistol_75 wrote: »
    It was mentioned that it would be 2-3 days before they could give a full and proper diagnosis. I guess that means waiting for some swelling to go away or the like.

Yes this would be normal enough for most ligament injuries.

I read somewhere yesterday it was a Grade 3 sprain. If an acute injury, then absolutely no chance of him being back for next week. But its all still speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭newport2

kiers47 wrote: »

This. I'm starting to think it's a precise media diagnosis and he'll be teeing it up next Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jordan must be delighted, going for leg 3 of the grand slam and the media circus will be all Mcilroy next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

newport2 wrote: »
    precise media diagnosis

Trudging through inane **** is worth it to find little gold nuggets like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

From the horses mouth

After much consideration, I have decided not to play in the Open Championship at St. Andrews. I’m taking a long term view of this injury and, although rehab is progressing well, I want to come back to tournament play when I feel 100% healthy and 100% competitive. Thank you for all your support and best wishes. I hope to be back on the course as soon as I can.

Cool , means he can play the 5 aside in 2 weeks instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It's the best decision, there will be plenty more Open Championships.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    From the horses mouth

After much consideration, I have decided not to play in the Open Championship at St. Andrews. I’m taking a long term view of this injury and, although rehab is progressing well, I want to come back to tournament play when I feel 100% healthy and 100% competitive. Thank you for all your support and best wishes. I hope to be back on the course as soon as I can.

I guess that counts as good authority biggrin.png

YayaBanana wrote: »
    It's the best decision, there will be plenty more Open Championships.

Another 34 if he wants smile.png

Can't believe my sources were wrong

Don't do those lotto numbers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Can't believe my sources were wrong

Don't do those lotto numbers guys

Too late :(

Russell Knox gets his place in The Open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement