Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

HighLine wrote: »
    Big week for Rory coming up at Quail Hollow. Last year he absolutely dominated the field and it's the last time I can remember Rory at his absolute best. Hoping for a similar week this year so his season can get the kick-start it needs!

Actually, scrap the above. He has only played 18 poxy holes since Augusta. Not one to moan about a player's time off... but nearly a month off after a very leisurely start to the season. :mad:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/727907190921527296

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Looks like Rory won't be playing wentworth. Pity really but I guess with the summer that's in it he has to cull 1 or 2 events he would normally play. Probably means he will play Memorial the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

kiers47 wrote: »
    Looks like Rory won't be playing wentworth. Pity really but I guess with the summer that's in it he has to cull 1 or 2 events he would normally play. Probably means he will play Memorial the week after.

Looks like his schedule is one week on one week off basically. Plays 3 in a row now and skips Wentworth. Plays memorial and then week off before US Open, then off, French open, off, British open, off, PGA, off, Olympics, off, FedEx cup and Ryder cup.

Some run this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭Augme

Having a shocker so far at Wells Fargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Augme wrote: »
    Having a shocker so far at Wells Fargo.

In fairness this is to be expected given his long lay off.

I'd expect him to improve over the few days.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭Augme

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    In fairness this is to be expected given his long lay off.

I'd expect him to improve over the few days.

At this rate he'll only be getting one more day.

Nice run of 3 birdies to get himself back in the mix

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭dball

newstalk advertised he is on off the ball this evening, must be a recorded interview - I guess

Rory with a run of Eagle birdie birdie birdie

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Seve OB wrote: »
    haha. jeez, after all that, I hope you knew it wasn't me who answered your question and you realised I directed it at someone on your behalf!

anyway, the short and curlys of it, i doubt very much the tiger will be roaring in kildare in a couple of weeks time

So are you going to tell us who you asked or keep talking in riddles?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rory finally putting a good round together. Not getting a birdie on par 5 15 might just cost him any chance. Needs to finish off the round and set the lead in the clubhouse and see what happens.

Rickie not producing at all today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He left himself with far too much to do today, his first 9 on Thursday and the finish Saturday evening put paid to a trophy.

Should be fine for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

He left himself with far too much to do today, his first 9 on Thursday and the finish Saturday evening put paid to a trophy.

Should be fine for next week.

Some lovely stuff from Rory and some really disappointing stuff too. But definitely looking to be getting into better form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Only has himself to blame for the result and what could have been. Only having played 18 holes since the Masters is a joke IMO. Anyway.. hoping for better this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He just cant string 4 good rounds together at the minute consistency is no were to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

HighLine wrote: »
    Only has himself to blame for the result and what could have been. Only having played 18 holes since the Masters is a joke IMO. Anyway.. hoping for better this weekend.

Why is it a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Twice he tried to hit a cut shot into the 18th over the torney and twice he double crossed/pulled it left towards the hazard. If your natural shot is a draw maybe just play for that strength and if it leaves you 20 foot from the pin then so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Not a good day in the wind yesterday, but has birdied the first four holes this morning and looking like a certain par on the fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

-5 through 6. Magician

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The shot tracker is saying he got a chip from 53 yards on the 16th for an eagle!

• Advertisement

The shot tracker is saying he got a chip from 53 yards on the 16th for an eagle!

Putt from 53ft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

-7 through 7 is just amazing golf. He must be just running on pure instinct at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭moycullen14

One over 3's for 7 holes - 22 shots :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Only two pars so far today. He needs to take a long hard look at himself

Course record is well in his sights at this stage. Even a 59 not totally out of the question. Magical stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Course record is well in his sights at this stage. Even a 59 not totally out of the question. Magical stuff.

The back 9 is much much easier and that's where he started I think.

Jayop wrote: »
    The back 9 is much much easier and that's where he started I think.

If he plays the front nine -3 then he has it, I certainly wouldn't back against him doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭newport2

Shane Lowry shoots the all time low ever on the back 9 at Sawgrass. The record stands unbeaten for less than 1 day.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭stevensi

Looking at the stats Rory does well on the back nine at Sawgrass (although never quite this good) and struggles on the front. Hope that is not the case today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

newport2 wrote: »
    Shane Lowry shoots the all time low ever on the back 9 at Sawgrass. The record stands unbeaten for less than 1 day.

McElroy only matched it, he didn't beat it. Did someone else shoot -8?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement