Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Synode wrote: »
    McElroy only matched it, he didn't beat it. Did someone else shoot -8?

Not yet but Colt Knost is having a great round, -9 under with 3 holes to play on the back nine, he's on course to break the course record!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭newport2

Sorry, unmatched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

2 left to get to 10 under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MooShop wrote: »
    Not yet but Colt Knost is having a great round, -9 under with 3 holes to play on the back nine, he's on course to break the course record!!!! :eek:

All he had to do was par the last but he bogeyed it

Rory needs a birdie to set the course record

• Advertisement

Rory needs a birdie to set the course record

Terrible 3rd shot so I doubt he'll be beating it. Par to match it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

not watching but scores! is course playing ridiculously easy? 5th Major and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Not watching either. He seemed to have the course record at his mercy. WTF happened on the last? ... 89yds to the hole and left it 10yds short - in the rough!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

who Is that? I've never heard of him. is he any good?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seve OB wrote: »
    who Is that? I've never heard of him. is he any good?
    :D

Plays off +4. Been one of the top amateurs in ireland for the last five years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Caveat: I'm not superstitious in any way. I don't believe in luck, and I know the following is just dumb coincidence.

HOWEVER:

every shot of McIlroy's that I've even seen (live) has been terrible. Recorded stuff that he's already done is fine. I caught the leaderboard on Friday, saw that he was ripping through the field and excited to finally actually witness him firing on all cylinders live for the first time - I tuned in. I joined literally 5 seconds before he struck his 89yard approach on the final hole taking 4 further bad shots. What the hell :mad:

Planning on going k-club on Friday, maybe I'll actually see him hit a good shot there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,913 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Caveat: I'm not superstitious in any way. I don't believe in luck, and I know the following is just dumb coincidence.

HOWEVER:

every shot of McIlroy's that I've even seen (live) has been terrible. Recorded stuff that he's already done is fine. I caught the leaderboard on Friday, saw that he was ripping through the field and excited to finally actually witness him firing on all cylinders live for the first time - I tuned in. I joined literally 5 seconds before he struck his 89yard approach on the final hole taking 4 further bad shots. What the hell :mad:

Planning on going k-club on Friday, maybe I'll actually see him hit a good shot there?

Maybe wait until Saturday to ensure he makes the cut, can't be having you jinking him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Rory was up in the spawell driving range last night recording a commercial for beats head phones he literally walked right by me as I stood there in shock :D jesus he swing he flawless got a good few pics he bombed every shot over the fence ranging I didnt drive round and look for some of his balls as he was using his nikes :)

benny79 wrote: »
    Rory was up in the spawell driving range last night recording a commercial for beats head phones he literally walked right by me as I stood there in shock :D jesus he swing he flawless got a good few pics he bombed every shot over the fence ranging I didnt drive round and look for some of his balls as he was using his nikes :)

stick up a few of the pics

dont know how!

dont know how!

lol

you have to have them somewhere on the web, click reply (not just the quick reply) and across the top, there is a load of icons, one of them is to insert a pic.

don't worry if you cant figure it out!

I know where he is staying if you want to go and hang around and you can ask him for a ball :D

[IMG]blob:https%3A//mail.google.com/c193f925-1c68-46e8-b1ba-8e8ee554defd[/img][IMG][/img]

There on my Phone how do I post them?

Rory in the spawell last night
    386865.jpg
    386866.jpg
    386867.jpg

Jaysus would have loved have been there. I don't get the headphones though.. I suppose he needs to get his one direction fix

Thought there was a rule against using the woods on the outside bays :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

He was doing a commercial for the headphones!

He was doing a commercial for the headphones!

Ah of course duh..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Couldn't imagine trying to hit a ball with headphones on.

Jayop wrote: »
    Couldn't imagine trying to hit a ball with headphones on.

Lots of the good guys do.

I know Paul Dunne used to always be seen around the place with them on, head down, practice, practice, practice. I guess it drowns out any surrounding noise / interruptions.

Don't think I could do it myself... never tried mind you. I used to always have the headphones on when I was a young lad. don't bother at all nowadays

I actually had head phones on for the first time yesterday although they were'nt as big as Rory's, actually made the range more enjoyable and found I wasn't just bashing balls... :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I use headphones a lot when at the range a lot and but I'm no good!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

Back to the old grip I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

20 less putts this week than when he won in Ireland. And I think they said he was 3rd in putting of the field this week. Good signs before Oakmont.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

HighLine wrote:
    20 less putts this week than when he won in Ireland. And I think they said he was 3rd in putting of the field this week. Good signs before Oakmont.

I'd say he is sticking around. Clubhouse leader and those behind not exactly tearing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

HighLine wrote: »

I was lucky enough to follow him around for a round at both the Irish Open and The Memorial and he looks miles better this week on the greens, I know it's soft and slow today but some of the putts he made on Friday were so slick and he had the pace and line spot on.

Looks like he is peaking at a good time.

J

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement