Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Doesn't matter what putter he uses by the looks of things. An absolute shocker of a 3 putt on his 17th hole after turning a poor round into a good one. Just can't afford misses from a foot.

Definitely the Indian, not the arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Level par only 5 back after another shocking round on the green.
    He has missed 3 tap ins from what I saw.

Imagine he could putt even half decent

Putts from 4-8ft
    3 out of 7 today

I think I'd better that and I'm a horrific putter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

His driving wasn't brilliant either, but the 3 putt on 17th was shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Yeah looking at his stats for the round... 42% driving accuracy and -2.3 strokes gained.... it's actually surprising he is still only 5 shots back. Hoping he can get something going tomorrow but it was strange how he said his missed putts on the putting green were on the opposite side as his missed putts out on the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

His driving wasn't brilliant either, but the 3 putt on 17th was shocking.

He looks to be developing something like the yips. I hope he can put it right soon. He seems terrified of short putts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

Letree wrote: »
    He looks to be developing something like the yips. I hope he can put it right soon. He seems terrified of short putts.

This is not good for him. It may have started with technique/alignment but now its a far worse problem. This isn't something he can fix himself anymore.

Letree wrote: »

I said on here a couple of months ago after he had a horrific putting display that he looked yippy to me.
    On short putts he's not even touching the hole at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

ForeRight wrote: »
    I said on here a couple of months ago after he had a horrific putting display that he looked yippy to me.

Whatever about these tournaments I really fear for him in the Ryder cup.

ForeRight wrote: »

The media attention won't help either. Every time he is interviewed now the questions are about his putting.

• Advertisement

luvthegame wrote: »
    Whatever about these tournaments I really fear for him in the Ryder cup.

Strangely i think the ryder cup could be the turn around for his putting. I think he really isn't that bothered about the ryder cup but will play anyway and could be more relaxed about his putting. If he has a good putting ryder cup he may carry that forward then.

I wonder when Rory is going to address his shocking wedge play as well as his putting? His first two holes today... drives it 333 yards into left intermediate on 1st. Just 109 yards to the pin and he leaves it 36ft from the hole. On the 2nd hole, he leaves himself 127 yards out... and hits it to 41ft from the hole! It's no wonder his putting is so bad leaving himself such work to do after having a wedge in his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

-3 thru 7. He must have logged in here this morning for some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

AGC wrote: »
    -3 thru 7. He must have logged in here this morning for some advice

Hey Rory, if you need a putting lesson, give me a shout!

Just incase he logs in here again....

Rory looks to be having a dire start today. His 2nd hole.. 3ft missed putt for a 3 putt bogey. And shot tracker is saying he has just had a triple bogey on his 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

not a great start for rors, assuming shot tracker is correct.. 4 over after 3 holes..hope he can pull it back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Currently in 90th position!

A solid start today after 3 holes, an eagle putt on 2 was coaxed up to the hole to guarantee the birdie. So far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Seems to be finding a run of form alright. Good news for the Ryder cup

• Advertisement

Joint leader now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Some recovery after that woeful start :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Putter on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

And the bounce is back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A couple of missed chances on last 2 holes but looks in control of this tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Bogey for Casey

Rory bogey on 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Great up & down on 18th. Casey has to birdie last 2 holes..... And he's parred the 17th. So a win for the bould Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Great up & down on 18th. Casey has to birdie last 2 holes..... And he's parred the 17th. So a win for the bould Rory.

not quite there yet :D
    casey can eagle the last for a playoff

• Advertisement

So impressive from Rory.
    Casey opened the door of course but Rory had the pressure piled on from early on.
    Imagine how good he would be if he stopped going the gym, sacked his caddy and played with Titleist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement