Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Fair play Rory, delighted that he looks to be back in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

It really depends on his contract. Most of them seem to get different percentages depending on the tournament. Ten percent is usually reserved for the biggest ones. But I'm betting JP is on a nice bonus today.

I'd take that bet too!

8MXjmPH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Cracking stuff from mac,grand slam next!!!!! Not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

All that photo is short is John Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It really depends on his contract. Most of them seem to get different percentages depending on the tournament. Ten percent is usually reserved for the biggest ones. But I'm betting JP is on a nice bonus today.

Yea it is all down to contracts. Everyone always says 10% and they haven't a clue. Different contracts for different players and different caddies. But also different percentages for different finishing positions. I've no idea what percentage JP is on, but he is doing alright for himself that's for sure....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great stuff, he went for it and got the reward, fair play to Moore too, he holed some putts to keep it going as long as it did and the good chip on the par 2.
    Great finale

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

His eagle on the par 4 16th was a lucky break but then the play off should probably have ended on the 1st hole. Both Moore and Chappell were dead off the tee but got ridiculous free drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

First Up wrote: »
    His eagle on the par 4 16th was a lucky break but then the play off should probably have ended on the 1st hole. Both Moore and Chappell were dead off the tee but got ridiculous free drops.

Chappell got a drop because some moron of a spectator picked up his ball! It never ceases to amaze me how often this happens at big American tournaments.

Chappell got a drop because some moron of a spectator picked up his ball! It never ceases to amaze me how often this happens at big American tournaments.

Not just a drop but they got to place it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

First Up wrote: »

How was his eagle lucky. It went in the hole and he presumably was aiming there.

Yes, it could have easily missed, but so could most putts, pitches, chips etc that go in.

• Advertisement

How was his eagle lucky. It went in the hole and he presumably was aiming there.

Holing out from 130 yards involves a fair bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

How was his eagle lucky.

Really?

Of course he was aiming there. Just like he and every other golfer aims at 18 pins from fairways and tees..... how many of them go in? very few.

Because while you have to have the skill to get it in the zone, it does actually take a bit of luck for the ball to drop :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When's Rory playing again?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    When's Rory playing again?

The HSBC at the end of the month most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Would be surprised if this is true... thought his driver would be last to be switched out. Those numbers though!

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/789811949743837184

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

HighLine wrote: »
    Would be surprised if this is true... thought his driver would be last to be switched out. Those numbers though!

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/789811949743837184

Those stats are mental. 123 club head speed. Interesting to see now if he moves to taylor made irons.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Taylormade? Has rory fallen for the marketing spiel of added 15+ yards with every new release ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Russman

I think a number of the Nike players have gone to Taylormade driver & woods, Mizuno or Titleist irons, Vokey wedges and Cameron putters.
    I'd say Rory will end up with something like that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭big_drive

Not having a contact with a particular manufacturer might be a great move, just pick what works best

big_drive wrote:
    Not having a contact with a particular manufacturer might be a great move, just pick what works best

All their stuff is custom built anyway. The brand name is incidental.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

The only thing i would worry about is he was driving the ball brilliantly with his Nike driver. If its not broke don't fix it comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

100% using the M2 in practice today

ForeRight wrote: »
    100% using the M2 in practice today

Yep. As I said above... surprised that the driver (and 3/5 wood?) is first to be changed (after putter) after how he hit it last year. Will be interesting to see his stats this week.

https://twitter.com/RoryLegion_GC/status/790865664386932736

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

Proper order. I like JP. He's been good for Rory the whole time.

I know people are going to come back here and say he hasn't been great for Rory, but I mean in general - over the course of Rory's career to date - he's been good for him.

Fully deserved and as expected... he got the 10% (contrary to what some were saying on here about how people who were guessing guessing 10% "haven't got a clue")

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

Fully deserved and as expected... he got the 10% (contrary to what some were saying on here about how people who were guessing guessing 10% "haven't got a clue")

Chill. You shouldn't let these things bother you so much!

Different club.. same beautiful swing. Looking forward to seeing his stats after this week.

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/791189007090810880

Looks like the fairway woods are working anyway

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/791509228397539329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Looks like the fairway woods are working anyway

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/791509228397539329

Miss the putt though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement