Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,984 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

HighLine wrote: »
    Looks like the fairway woods are working anyway

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/791509228397539329

Have had a good few of these links recently and they don't open on iPad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Seve OB wrote: »
    Have had a good few of these links recently and they don't open on iPad

Just tried on the iPhone and it was a bit clitchy alright. I just pressed the play button 2/3 times and it worked though. I don't use the touch version of boards so maybe that's it.

Just tried on the iPhone and it was a bit clitchy alright. I just pressed the play button 2/3 times and it worked though. I don't use the touch version of boards so maybe that's it.

I'm using full version of website. Don't even get a play option, it just says video not available :(

I'm using full version of website. Don't even get a play option, it just says video not available :(

Strange. You will find it on The Euro Tour's twitter feed. Worth the watch.

Was listening to Sky there talking about Rory's new clubs and they said he has gained an extra 6mph ball speed with the new driver. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

66 today for Rors, little unlucky on 16 but birdied the last to make an excellent recovery and move into contention over the weekend.

Very few fans out to watch the golf in the smog, strange atmosphere.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Strange. You will find it on The Euro Tour's twitter feed. Worth the watch.

Was listening to Sky there talking about Rory's new clubs and they said he has gained an extra 6mph ball speed with the new driver. :eek:

I got the M2 3-wood for my birthday, and I'm not surprised by the above.

I'm obviously not even close to being on the same planet as Rory with my swing, but I was gaining around 2-3mph on average when I tested the M2 against my previous 3wood (RBZ stage 1) & 2/3 others (G30, Titleist 915, Calloway XR)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

What irons is he playing this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Panrich wrote: »
    What irons is he playing this week?

Usual Nike VR blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

3 under so far today putting him into sixth 4 back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Where did the Independent get the headline from? There was nothing in the article to suggest that the recent rocket attacks were in any way linked to Rory's decision to withdraw from the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

abff wrote: »
    Where did the Independent get the headline from? There was nothing in the article to suggest that the recent rocket attacks were in any way linked to Rory's decision to withdraw from the tournament.

US government advice to us citizens is to stay away.
    Patrick Reed has pulled out too.

All media reporting that its security reason

Women's open was cancelled in june for security reasons too

Too many mad geezers in Turkey at the moment

Good (long) audio interview with Rory here. Comments that he needs to address his wedge play which is good to finally hear him say it.

http://nolayingup.com/2016/11/01/nlu-podcast-episode-56-rory-mcilroy/

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Rory having a bit of a howler it seems today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Happy to see it, hate the smug so and so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

AnneFrank wrote: »

So much so that you took the time to post the above :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

So much so that you took the time to post the above :rolleyes:

After a 68

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

AnneFrank wrote:

He speaks very highly of you.

that's a bit harsh
    if you don't like someone, that's your business, and you should keep it to yourself

First Up wrote: »
    He speaks very highly of you.

I'm sure he'll change his opinion tomorrow, he has a habit of that

• Advertisement

Some funny stuff in this clip... the final gift comment is hilarious :D:D

that's a bit harsh
    if you don't like someone, that's your business, and you should keep it to yourself

In your opinion. I was just giving mine, one that's shared among many golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

So smug hes transformed the Irish open from a bottom rank tournament to the very top tier or European tournaments,all while donating millions to charity.

yep what a smug p*%"k

So smug hes transformed the Irish open from a bottom rank tournament to the very top tier or European tournaments,all while donating millions to charity.

yep what a smug p*%"k

to be fair do you remember what he used to say about the Irish open before he was offered to *front* the tournament, that he didn't think it was important and it was more a hindrance, don't be fooled and believe everything he says, he changes his opinion so often, also, i didn't call him what you quoted me as saying.It's only my opinion, i am allowed to have one, even if it differs from yours,no big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some funny stuff in this clip... the final gift comment is hilarious :D:D

Absolutely hilarious. I have to say the European tour have been fantastic this year with all the innovations they have come up with for the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

to be fair do you remember what he used to say about the Irish open before he was offered to *front* the tournament, that he didn't think it was important and it was more a hindrance, don't be fooled and believe everything he says, he changes his opinion so often, also, i didn't call him what you quoted me as saying.It's only my opinion, i am allowed to have one, even if it differs from yours,no big deal

No big deal. Just big enough to log on and call him a smug so and so.

Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Absolutely hilarious. I have to say the European tour have been fantastic this year with all the innovations they have come up with for the fans

Yeah, and they did a very good Mannequin Challenge the other day.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2016/tournamentid=2016090/news/newsid=314987.html

Yea and you have shown your colours in the golf forum before to be a borderline troll, and comments like that just go to back that up.

Oh yea, and just so you are aware of the facts. Rory was indeed not offered to "front" the Irish Open, but rather he and his team took control of it and have done a mighty fine job of it.. Would love to know where he said it was a hindrance, perhaps you could share some hard evidence on that with us please?

Yea and you have shown your colours in the golf forum before to be a borderline troll, and comments like that just go to back that up.

Oh yea, and just so you are aware of the facts. Rory was indeed not offered to "front" the Irish Open, but rather he and his team took control of it and have done a mighty fine job of it.. Would love to know where he said it was a hindrance, perhaps you could share some hard evidence on that with us please?

who's trolling who here Seve ? The irony.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement