Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

HighLine wrote: »

If only he was that good with his wedges in an actual competition round!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

He half shanked that shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

AnneFrank wrote: »
    who's trolling who here Seve ? The irony.
    You were asked a question. I would be interested in the answer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Absolutely hilarious. I have to say the European tour have been fantastic this year with all the innovations they have come up with for the fans

Who's that Billy Kid?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Folks don't rise to posters who come in here and post random nonsense, you know they just want to ruin good threads.

• Advertisement

Big move today, - 6 through 9 tied for 6th

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

pity about his first round, since then he playing very well.. 6 under threw his front 9 so far.. great stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Big move today, - 6 through 9 tied for 6th

Still going to rue the Thursday round, just going to fall short.

Almost certain bogey coming on 11, that's his race run.

Almost certain bogey coming on 11, that's his race run.

Almost chipped in for par. Bogey. Should have birdied the 10 after a lovely approach shot.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Should have birdied the 10 after a lovely approach shot.

That probably forced him to be aggressive on 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unfortunately been the story for alot of his year he has had one bad round in alot of his tournaments bit more consistency next year he will win alot more then this year.

We'll he achieved a first this year, FedEx cup champion, so that's another title added to the list.

Take the winter off and get the clubs sorted.

Then take possession of that green garment come April.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Unfortunately been the story for alot of his year he has had one bad round in alot of his tournaments bit more consistency next year he will win alot more then this year.

That's always been the story with Rory. If results were based on best 3 rounds from 4 I'd bet he'd win 10 ten times a year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's always been the story with Rory. If results were based on best 3 rounds from 4 I'd bet he'd win 10 ten times a year.

Yeh so true and he would have at least two masters titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeh so true and he would have at least two masters titles.

They should change the rules so you can pick your best three rounds of the week. :D

Jayop wrote: »
    They should change the rules so you can pick your best three rounds of the week. :D

What a fantastic idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sthilmick

Often the Indian not the arrow McIllory on top form could out play most PGA and European pros with 14 metal fence posts in the bag. To be fair to him he had a poor enough year by OUR standards he only won the FedEx no major and a ****ty Irish open. I'm a huge fan and I hope that he finds form for the majors next year and hopefully Jordan Speith is on form and we get to see a head to head or two in 2017

sthilmick wrote:
    I'm a huge fan and I hope that he finds form for the majors next year and hopefully Jordan Speith is on form and we get to see a head to head or two in 2017

Jordan Speith is nowhere near his most nearest rival imo, should be working in KFC battering chicken wings.Would have DJ and a fit Jason Day well ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Jordan Speith is nowhere near his most nearest rival imo, should be working in KFC battering chicken wings.Would have DJ and a fit Jason Day well ahead of him.

Bit harsh no? 2015 surely can't be forgotten. 5 wins including a Masters and US Open (granted this was a gift from DJ) and 2nd in another major. A Fed Ex champion also. Been a long time since any player has had such a successful year.

He had an off 2016. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote:

HighLine wrote:
    Bit harsh no? 2015 surely can't be forgotten. 5 wins including a Masters and US Open (granted this was a gift from DJ) and 2nd in another major. A Fed Ex champion also. Been a long time since any player has had such a successful year.

Yeah maybe. But there's no one can keep making the insane amount of long putts he made that year.
    He goes on a streak like that with his scotty he'll definitely go back to top 3 or more. I just don't think he's as good an all round golfer as others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭luvthegame

Yeah maybe. But there's no one can keep making the insane amount of long putts he made that year.
    He goes on a streak like that with his scotty he'll definitely go back to top 3 or more. I just don't think he's as good an all round golfer as others.

His putting stats were better in 2016 than 2015. His tee to green was worse.

Speith isn't going anywhere, his wedge play and putting is phenomenal.

He won the Australian open at the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

luvthegame wrote: »
    His putting stats were better in 2016 than 2015. His tee to green was worse.

Would they be better because he hadn't as many long puts because of his wayward driving play and iron play.

Agree with the sentiment tho speith is not going anywhere I think he is going to be a top five ranking golfer for a fair chunk of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭bren2001

Speith isn't going anywhere, his wedge play and putting is phenomenal.

Is Speiths wedge game phenomenal? Always thought it was very good but nothing spectacular.

There have been very good putters with phenomenal wedge games that struggled to win majors. I think Speith is short and wild off the tee and with his woods that it will inevitably catch up with him. Additionally, his putting stats cannot be maintained, even if he does hit 1000 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭valoren

He was coasting to a consecutive green jacket as a 22 year old with an inconsistent ball flight all week, he was leading by 5 standing on the 10th tee, but we all know what happened next. He's only a young fella yet. I'm sure he will learn from that mental blow, learn from it and win more majors :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sthilmick

I get the sence Speith is liked here as for Jason (all)Day I've been watching him since satanta had the US golf and he was playing the nation wide tour he's a fine player but I personally think there's a bit more in Speith. I just want to see 3 or 4 of them hit top form at the same time and shoot the lights out personally McIllory Speith Scott and Stenson would be my favourites but I don't care as long as McIllory is there but one of those dream summers where there are the same 3 or 4 leading the way in the majors would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Callaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Seve OB wrote: »
    Callaway

Really? Irons and woods? What happened to taking a year to try different brands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,926 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Really? Irons and woods? What happened to taking a year to try different brands.

Just going to be the next set in his bag. Yuup, looks like woods too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement