Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire Traffic & Commuting Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,995 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mav11 wrote: »
    You're missing the point completely. I remember a few years ago trying to get financial information from DLRCC, took 3 months and they posted it out to me.:(

I'm not going and shouldn't need to go there again. Such information should be easily and readily available.

I'm not missing the point at all. I agree with you that the financial details should be up there, but they're not. We are where we are.

So the only question now is - what you gonna do about it?

You can sound off on a message board if you like. Or if you want to be a bit more constructive, you can get in touch with a local Councillor or two, get the relevant information, and push them to get it published.

Your choice

josip wrote: »
    A good few years ago when we were younger and more naive, my partner in work rang the council to get an explanation of what we as a business get for paying our rates and how they were calculated.

He expected to be told a list of services, like lighting, etc, but instead the person he spoke to said that "rates were used to make up the difference between what we take in and what we pay out."

Dunno about a few years ago, but they're pretty good at publishing information on their website, including this handy summary of of their budget.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/annual_budget_final_adopted.pdf

526713.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

do we know when these baths will be completed?

and will the water be heated in anyway? i know that might make sound a bit soft, but it'd be amazing.

No real baths/swimming pools but a jetty area suitable for swimming off. Definitely not enclosed or heated.. Some pictures below.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/baths_images.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

do we know when these baths will be completed?

and will the water be heated in anyway? i know that might make sound a bit soft, but it'd be amazing.

Baths, that made me laugh. There are no baths. They are filling them and building a Jetty for sea swimming

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    No real baths/swimming pools but a jetty area suitable for swimming off. Definitely not enclosed or heated.. Some pictures below.

There must be better plans for the work than that in the public domain?
    Those pics are typical of so many proposals and applications.
    4th class art level of preciseness and lots of people, more people in the proposal pics please, babies and children to the front.
    Grrrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

I'm not missing the point at all. I agree with you that the financial details should be up there, but they're not. We are where we are.

So the only question now is - what you gonna do about it?

You can sound off on a message board if you like. Or if you want to be a bit more constructive, you can get in touch with a local Councillor or two, get the relevant information, and push them to get it published.

Your choice

Did you even read the post(s) before you started spouting (your word) your nonsense again?

As somebody here remarked recently, waste of time trying to converse with you.

*Ends conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Seaswimmer wrote: »

Unfortunately that’ll be a honeypot for scumbags in the summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Cyrus wrote: »
    Unfortunately that’ll be a honeypot for scumbags in the summer .

I really hope not, this is one of the reasons I wanted to move back to Dun Laoghaire, I am a huge fan of open water swimming, can’t stand chlorinated pools or gyms for that matter... hopefully there’ll be a move by the Gardaí to keep it clear enough for public safety reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The public consultation for Myrtle Square outside Bloomfields is now open.

https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com/parks/pc-pks-01-20-proposed-development-of-myrtle-square/

em_cat wrote: »
    I really hope not, this is one of the reasons I wanted to move back to Dun Laoghaire, I am a huge fan of open water swimming, can’t stand chlorinated pools or gyms for that matter... hopefully there’ll be a move by the Gardaí to keep it clear enough for public safety reasons.

I wouldn’t hold my breath , best thing they could do is charge to use , that would help

• Advertisement

Did you even read the post(s) before you started spouting (your word) your nonsense again?

As somebody here remarked recently, waste of time trying to converse with you.

*Ends conversation!

So we're sticking with the sounding off then - fair enough.

The public consultation for Myrtle Square outside Bloomfields is now open.

https://dlrcoco.citizenspace.com/parks/pc-pks-01-20-proposed-development-of-myrtle-square/
    The proposed development looks good. I hope it doesn't become an area for anti social behaviour at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

if only there was a Garda station nearby... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I detest any Wetherspoons I have set foot in with the exception of the 40 foot.

The pity is that it can actually be a nice spot. The location and view is lovely, and I've had several pleasant afternoons spent reading a book on the 1st floor. The dipsos don't tend to bother with the stairs ;)

pm1977x wrote: »
    if only there was a Garda station nearby... :rolleyes:

I don't know whether to feel sorry for them, or have them all locked up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I don't know whether to feel sorry for them, or have them all locked up :confused:

It's definitely not the former anyway. The Guards shouldve been down there, closed the bar, confiscated all drink and broke up that crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I cant remember the last time I saw a guard on foot patrol around Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

The coast road between Blackrock/Dunlaoghaire is now a one way nightmare for car driving. It was lovely to take a spin out from Blackrock to Seapoint to DunLaoghaire to Sandycove.

Now it is one way, with bicycle lanes taking up half the old road. There is traffic congestion everywhere along the route. Long delays.

The next time I get a flyer in the door asking me to vote for them in the upcoming council elections I will tell each and every one of them what I think of them.

They did not need to do what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

The coast road between Blackrock/Dunlaoghaire is now a one way nightmare for car driving. It was lovely to take a spin out from Blackrock to Seapoint to DunLaoghaire to Sandycove.

Now it is one way, with bicycle lanes taking up half the old road. There is traffic congestion everywhere along the route. Long delays.

The next time I get a flyer in the door asking me to vote for them in the upcoming council elections I will tell each and every one of them what I think of them.

I think this has been done to death on this forum. You obviously haven't read some of the previous 20 pages. The fact that the councillors are very quiet on the issue leads me to believe there is a lot more support for it than people think.

• Advertisement

So take a spin back that route.

It’s lovely and SAFE for cyclists , walkers , runners etc.
    There’s more people than just motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Now it is one way, with bicycle lanes taking up half the old road.

If the road is one way now, are you not able to take a spin on the same road but in the other direction?

ted1 wrote: »
    So take a spin back that route.

It’s lovely and SAFE for cyclists , walkers , runners etc.
    There’s more people than just motorists.

Was always safe for walkers and runners though , there is an ample footpath .

Was always safe for walkers and runners though , there is an ample footpath .
    Many would argue that the inhalation of NOX and SOX from exhaust fumes is very dangerous to health. So yes it’s SAFER for walkers and runners.
    Also runners often have to step on the road to give Space to walkers , prams, etc

Many would argue that the inhalation of NOX and SOX from exhaust fumes is very dangerous to health. So yes it’s SAFER for walkers and runners.
    Also runners often have to step on the road to give Space to walkers , prams, etc

I agree fumes are harmful so if they have been decreased then yes you could argue it’s SAFER than it was.

As for stepping offf the footpath (which is utter lunacy )

Only since Covid really it’s not something that happened before. People have a misguided perception that passing someone too closely is somehow going to lead to them catching it which is utter nonsense .

As for stepping offf the footpath (which is utter lunacy )

Common decency, paths can be pretty narrow. I’m a fairly broad guy, and can get sweaty with a heavy breath on long runs. If I’m passing a person or more so a family , course or etc. I’ll pas them on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Coincidentally, there was a random act of vandalism outside Shoe Lane Coffee (second nicest coffee shop in Dún Laoghaire) on Marine Rd last night.

119704627_2004228706367612_1382789768993187121_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=f4NE8gQC6j0AX8AmH19&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e52bfb4a151bc79e7a21cf7a71bc61fc&oe=5F8D46DB

Common decency, paths can be pretty narrow. I’m a fairly broad guy, and can get sweaty with a heavy breath on long runs. If I’m passing a person or more so a family , course or etc. I’ll pas them on the road.

Anyone stepping out into either cycle or motor traffic is taking a big risk imo I’ve seen more than a few near misses since March .

.anon. wrote: »
    Coincidentally, there was a random act of vandalism outside Shoe Lane Coffee (second nicest coffee shop in Dún Laoghaire) on Marine Rd last night.

119704627_2004228706367612_1382789768993187121_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=f4NE8gQC6j0AX8AmH19&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e52bfb4a151bc79e7a21cf7a71bc61fc&oe=5F8D46DB

What’s the nicest ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

.anon. wrote: »

Such a brave person to take on a plant pot, I hope he/she woke up this morning thinking "I'm ****ing invincible"

Advertisement