Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting large audio track before/during burning

Options
  • 13-09-2013 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have a large MP3 audio file, about 75 mins, which is all one track when burned to CD. Does anyone know of a piece of software that will allow me to put in track breaks when I'm burning it so I'll have, for example, 15 x 5min tracks?

I know I can load up the file and split it into subsets saving each as a track and then burn them in sequence but I was hoping to avoid having to do such manual steps.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

BrianHal wrote: »
    I have a large MP3 audio file, about 75 mins, which is all one track when burned to CD. Does anyone know of a piece of software that will allow me to put in track breaks when I'm burning it so I'll have, for example, 15 x 5min tracks?

I know I can load up the file and split it into subsets saving each as a track and then burn them in sequence but I was hoping to avoid having to do such manual steps.

Do you have a .cue file containing the track breaks to go alongside the .mp3?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Audacity will do this.
    It's free and excellent ap.

Try www.sf.net and see if it's there. On a smart phone at the mo.

Under effects you can fade in and fade out the ends when you dissect your mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Advertisement