Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Euromillions ticket sold at Ardkeen Quality Stores

Options
  • 13-09-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Winning Euromillions ticket sold at Ardkeen Quality Stores

It's been revealed that a winning Euromillions ticket was sold in Ardkeen Quality Stores in Waterford City. A young man from the South East, who has chosen to remain anonymous, was one of two winners of the european jackpot. He's bagged himself 12 point 8 million euro after picking the number 32 by mistake on his ticket. The lucky winner collected his cheque yesterday. Ardkeen Quality Stores will also receive a bonus for the win, something director Kevin Jephson told WLRFM News they are delighted about.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/189683-winning-euromillions-ticket-solkd-at-ardkeen-quality-stores-in-waterford-wlrfmnews.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Was in there today, great buzz about the place. The Lotto people were there along with local media. I was told by a few that the young lad bought his ticket last Friday evening, he does the Euromillions every week and that he's Polish.

From what he told the National Lotto people, it sounds like he's investing it and going to be pretty sensible! The first major purchase was to be a new car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ollzs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Bet of luck to him. But as for "investing it"? No way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

lad from Kilmacow apparently....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What part of Poland is that in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Must be Krakow area or thereabouts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

If I'm reading between the lines correctly and it's a Polish lad living in Kilmacow that really narrows it down as I only know of one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

He bought the car I traded in on saturday last so I will know him when I see the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

^^^^ your lamborghini? Ah yeah!

Wish him the best of luck, can you imagine an Irish person going to London in the 1980's and coming home with a win like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

who said he was Polish? I've heard the name, defo not a foreigner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

UhOh wrote: »

It was Kryogen's comment that threw me in the direction of Polish... I have absolutely no idea who the chap was that won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

wtf, I spent ages on that meme and he may not even be foreign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Two stories getting mixed up bere, the big lotto win was sold in Ardkeen stores won by a young Polish chap.
    There is an unclaimed prize of half a million sold in Kilmacow that runs out of time by next week.
    Two lotto stories, equals Chinese whispers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

UhOh wrote: »

I said he was Polish. I worked in Ardkeen Stores for years, and was told by my old colleagues there that they had heard he was Polish.

Like wellboytoo says, there are 2 different winnings and people are getting mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

thats deadly. him and his family are set!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Best of luck to him.. hope he enjoys it :)

Advertisement