Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie changing their prices daily!

Options
  • 13-09-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Car Insurance

What is it with 123.ie?

I've been on their site each day for the last few days and their quotes are changing daily by about €50 each time..

First day was €300, second day was €350, third was €414, fourth day was €370, and now today it's €415!!

What's their game?! That's a bit crazy changing the price each day by such a large amount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Try Allianz, they beat my most recent 123.ie quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Far Q Boss wrote: »
    Car Insurance

What is it with 123.ie?

I've been on their site each day for the last few days and their quotes are changing daily by about €50 each time..

First day was €300, second day was €350, third was €414, fourth day was €370, and now today it's €415!!

What's their game?! That's a bit crazy changing the price each day by such a large amount.

Quotes are valid for 30 days in most cases. So why go in and do the same thing 4 days in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

peteb2 wrote: »
    Quotes are valid for 30 days in most cases. So why go in and do the same thing 4 days in a row?

I always go in initially and input a made-up name & mobile number because if I put in my real details they'll start ringing me. Also if I put in my real details straight away and the quote is huge, then they'll have me on record and I won't get a better price.

So normally I go on a site, input details, and if I'm happy with the price I'll buy, but the day I was quoted €300 (which I was happy with) I have since forgotten the name I used!!

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Try Allianz, they beat my most recent 123.ie quote.

Tried them, they were a good bit more expensive than 123. thanks anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 10 i23098

Try Allianz, Liberty, No Nonsense, Chill and Britton Insurance. They all beat 123.ie in my case. I went with Liberty in the end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Try goggin insurance brokers. Get all my insurance through them these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

With insurance the best thing to do is get out the phone book and start ringing them all.
    I got 10% knocked off the best quote I got with liberty by just asking.

I'm with Liberty as it is. Their policy has increased by €100 which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Funny Liberty was the dearest for me by 100% every time Ive checked and thats over at least 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I'd stay away from 123.ie if I was you anyway. Take a look at their Terms of Business. They charge for every letter, any duplicates, whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

lomb wrote: »
    Funny Liberty was the dearest for me by 100% every time Ive checked and thats over at least 3 years.

They've been about less than two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Der_Wanderer

Was in 2012 with 123.ie for my Toyota for 290 €, this year they want to take 956 €, online quote is about 600 €, it seems to be very arbitrary. What happened to them?

Advertisement