Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a VF Contract SIM work in Tesco PAYG phone?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I am on a VF contract (24 months with 12 months to go) and my Galaxy S2 screen is smashed. I could spend the guts of €100 to get it repaired or I had another idea.

If I bought a Tesco Mobile PAYG phone for around €60 (Galaxy Ace) can I use my VF SIM in it? The same phone in VF on PAYG is €99. I'll probably stay with VF and get an upgrade in a few months but for now I just need a new phone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I just couldn't find a clear thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

IRCA wrote: »
    Hi,

I am on a VF contract (24 months with 12 months to go) and my Galaxy S2 screen is smashed. I could spend the guts of €100 to get it repaired or I had another idea.

If I bought a Tesco Mobile PAYG phone for around €60 (Galaxy Ace) can I use my VF SIM in it? The same phone in VF on PAYG is €99. I'll probably stay with VF and get an upgrade in a few months but for now I just need a new phone

Sorry if this has been answered before but I just couldn't find a clear thread!

The only way it will work is if the Tesco phone is unlocked to take any sim. If it's not unlocked then you'll have to pay about 20 or 30 quid getting it unlocked, so add that to the €60 for the phone itself and you're nearly paying the cost of repairing your current phone!

Why not buy a 2nd hand Vodafone mobile on donedeal.ie or adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Far Q Boss wrote: »
    The only way it will work is if the Tesco phone is unlocked to take any sim. If it's not unlocked then you'll have to pay about 20 or 30 quid getting it unlocked, so add that to the €60 for the phone itself and you're nearly paying the cost of repairing your current phone!

Why not buy a 2nd hand Vodafone mobile on donedeal.ie or adverts.ie?

Thanks

Just wary of buying 2nd Hand kit in case it's been stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

IRCA wrote: »
    Thanks

Just wary of buying 2nd Hand kit in case it's been stolen

Or the cheapest Vodafone PAYG phone. they start at €9.99

Advertisement