Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of couch and armchair...

Options
  • 13-09-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to get rid of a black leather three seater couch and an armchair. I would love to recycle it but all the arms of the couch and armchair have been lovingly shredded by my cats over the years!!!! The rest of the couch and armchair are perfect!

Does anyone know of places who would take the suite, perhaps for the arms to be re-upholstered and then sold on for charity?

Or does anyone else have any ideas? Perhaps a youth club and they could put throw covers over the arms?

Thanks

Comments

October wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to get rid of a black leather three seater couch and an armchair. I would love to recycle it but all the arms of the couch and armchair have been lovingly shredded by my cats over the years!!!! The rest of the couch and armchair are perfect!

Does anyone know of places who would take the suite, perhaps for the arms to be re-upholstered and then sold on for charity?

Or does anyone else have any ideas? Perhaps a youth club and they could put throw covers over the arms?

Thanks

or you could try Jumbletown or freetradeireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

St Vincents de Paul have furniture charity shops now as well, they have one in Drogheda another in Navan. Surely there must be some in DCN too only I'm not sure where :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

To be honest friends charity shop would accept items that are in great condition.if it needs repair most places won't take it.adverts .ie free section

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Thanks for the replies. I checked the Vincent De Paul website and they need saleable items in good condition and unfortunately my couch and armchair are perfect except for each of the arms :o
    Will try jumbletown, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I hate to say it, but

Halloween bonfire?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Totally illegal.Dangerous, as kids normally run them.That said just leave it in the garden and see if it walks;).OR, Ring my sister, she runs a skip hire place.Ill PM you the number if you want

Hi Cathy,

I was thinking of putting it in the garden and see if someone takes it, if not, I'll arrange to get it moved to a dump.

Yes, please PM me your sister's details. Thanks

cathy01 wrote: »
    Totally illegal.Dangerous, as kids normally run them.That said just leave it in the garden and see if it walks;).OR, Ring my sister, she runs a skip hire place.Ill PM you the number if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What's with time wasters on the likes of Freetrade etc? I too am looking to give away a sofa/chairs and twice I've had people ring me up and make appointments to get them and then never show. If you're not interested in taking them, why would you bother saying you would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

What's with time wasters on the likes of Freetrade etc? I too am looking to give away a sofa/chairs and twice I've had people ring me up and make appointments to get them and then never show. If you're not interested in taking them, why would you bother saying you would?

Sounds like its the same as adverts.ie, take a look an see the amount of timewasters and "whats the last price" merchants...

I put the couch and armchair in my front garden yesterday evening with a sign stuck on them saying "Do you want me? I'm free!" Woke up this morning and they're gone!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement