Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend optician?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Can anyone recommend a good optician that doesn't cost a bomb for new glasses? I don't want one of the large chains like Specsavers or Vision Express as I've had a bad experience with one of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Can anyone recommend a good optician that doesn't cost a bomb for new glasses?

Why not just go to the main chains like SpecSavers, get your eyes tested there on the cheap, get the prescription details for the new glasses ( including the inter-pupil distance to know the ideal width of your glasses ).

Then get the glasses online.
    I've used ZenniOptical and they were mentioned in bargain alerts the odd time too for a cheap pair of glasses just for driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Mullins and Henry, Up at Superquinn in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aerodynamix

The bad experience I previously had related to the prescription given by Sp*csavers, from the start I felt it was no good, I even went back and got my eyes retested by a different person who said it was fine, but it was never right. Now, 18 months later, I can't even read the newspaper with my glasses, it's all blurry.
    Maybe it's possible to get my eyes tested with a reputable optician but get the glasses somewhere cheap?

stoneill are M&H good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'd recommend Henry & Mullins too,excellent service and reasonably priced imo. Nice to support a local business too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Alfred J Vize at walkinstown roundabout has a great reputation my wife uses him and says he always gives a lot of time never rushes. Think he does a lot of work with professional sports for lenses, Leinster and Irish rugby I think use him. Might be a bit out of the way but place in stepaside village is supposed to be very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Not quite Lucan - but I'd recommend Donal McNally opticians in the Mill Centre in Clondalkin - fully Irish owned and give a great and courteous service.

Mullins and Henry are good too - but they wanted to charge my wife for replacing a screw in her glasses - which she had bought there previously which Donal McNally's did for nothing.

So when I needed new specs a few months ago that's why I went to McNally's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

salmocab wrote: »
    Alfred J Vize at walkinstown roundabout has a great reputation my wife uses him and says he always gives a lot of time never rushes. Think he does a lot of work with professional sports for lenses, Leinster and Irish rugby I think use him. Might be a bit out of the way but place in stepaside village is supposed to be very good too.

Can you get the glasses there too? Looks like a small enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

maguic24 wrote: »
    Can you get the glasses there too? Looks like a small enough place.

yeah definitely my wife uses him

Advertisement