Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I go to this module?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey, I'm a first year in UL and I'm wondering if I have to go to this module. I have registered my modules, and my Sociology code is SO4001, of which I have two lectures a week, but on my timetable there is another Sociology lecture, which has the code S04067.

I'm confused, do I have to go to both of these lectures? Or just the one I'm registered for? Also, do this apply to all other modules? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, it's just that I might have a lecture in 10 minutes and I need to know ASAP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Go to them both,
    I've done them both :P
    To my recollection, Introduction to Sociology and Sociology of Media, two different modules, two very different exams. So long as they're both lectures, and not tutorials, which start week 2/3 I think, attend away.
    What course are you doing actually?
    I was doing 4 "SOxxxx" modules in Sem 1, 1st year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Poppy121

I didn't go to it, oops!

I'm doing HPSS, and considering that it's renowned as being a bit of a doss course, I find it hard to believe that I'd have three Sociology lectures a week :p

What course did you do?

Sociology and Economics,
    Nice enough modules really,
    Especially the one you just missed, if it's SO4067.
    Tried having a look at your module layout and it baffled me completely,
    Looks like you just attend the modules you've registered for though,
    Mine have always been 5 compulsory, looks like you had a choice, just attend those ones.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Poppy121

I'm doing Economics as well, doesn't seem like an easy module :p

Yeah, Sociology seems really interesting, I'm actually looking forward to getting stuck into it! :p Yeah it is all very confusing, at least I didn't miss a lecture though. I have nearly had perfect attendance for Freshers week, which I'm quite proud of haha.

Anyways, thanks for the help :)

Expensive book, if you're good at it, keep it on and get your moneys worth :P
    Economics, if it's the same as mine (Micro 1st Sem) will be a number of online Aplia tests and 1 MCQ test with negative marking for Xmas. Attend tutorials and you should do alright though.

If you're into it it is actually very good, can't go into a lecture tired though or you'll take nothing in and spend entire class trying to keep your eyes open, same with Maths if it ever comes up for you :P

Better than me anyway, will get some pillows next week so I can sleep, make it easier for myself then... :)

No problem and best of luck in modules!

• Advertisement
Advertisement