Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Options
  • 13-09-2013 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I installed this this morning. I proved to be a lengthy enough install and restart. I tried to auto download it overnight but it failed a number of times probably due to server business.

All good so far apart from Mail 6.6 & the SpamSieve 2.9.7 Mail plug-in. On launching Mail a message appears saying the SpamSieve Mail plug-in is incompatible, The received wisdom from the inter-web experts seems to be to un-install SpamSieve and re-install it. I haven't had a chance to try this yet,

Other than that all seems good. Nice and nippy, no crashes or other problems so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Installed it just after lunch and it was quick and painless. Can't see any significant changes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

The App Store seems to be up to its old nonsense. Purchased apps already updated are showing as needing re-updating. They have identical version numbers and revision dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im thinking of upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. Is anyone using Plex on ATV2 with Mountain Lion?
    I remember when Lion was originally released there were issues with it and Plex which made me stay with Snow Leopard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't really like Plex, but I tried it out briefly with one of those NowTV boxes recently and it seemed to work okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

adox wrote: »
    Im thinking of upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. Is anyone using Plex on ATV2 with Mountain Lion?
    I remember when Lion was originally released there were issues with it and Plex which made me stay with Snow Leopard.

Dont upgrade until OS X Mavericks comes out. That's about less then a month now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

mathepac wrote: »
    The App Store seems to be up to its old nonsense. Purchased apps already updated are showing as needing re-updating. ...
    I might have an explanation for this. I have accounts in the US and Ireland. This might be confusing the App Store with version numbers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I don't really like Plex, but I tried it out briefly with one of those NowTV boxes recently and it seemed to work okay.

Are you using something else to share your media to ATV?
    I have XBMC as well but much prefer Plex.

Advertisement