Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donnellan family, Tuam?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, trying to trace the family of Christopher Donnellan born in Tuam in 1938.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hi Seamah, this is the city forum. I'll push this over to the county forum where Tuam is located.
    Can you elaborate a bit on why your are looking for the family? Are you a relative and doing genealogy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seamah

Hi,

I am a probate Genealogist. I am trying to trace Mr Donnellan's next of kin. He passed away a few years ago and did not leave a will. I have a date of birth of 20/12/1938 possibly born in Tuam.

Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

seamah wrote: »
    Hi,

I am a probate Genealogist. I am trying to trace Mr Donnellan's next of kin. He passed away a few years ago and did not leave a will. I have a date of birth of 20/12/1938 possibly born in Tuam.

Regards
    John
    Contact the local church. I think they keep records of all births in the parish going way back.

Thanks slumlord,

I will try the church,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Teesin

Hi

My Mother had a Brother Christopher Donnellan. He was born in Miltown Tuam Co Galway however the DOB we have for him is 30th of November 1936 and he died on the 18th of November 1985. He lived in 88 Oxford Road Birmingham 13.

Could this be the Christopher you are looking for?

Regards
    Teesin

• Advertisement

Hi Teesin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It looks as though this is a different Christopher Donnellan. My Chistopher lived in Leigh and passed away several years ago.

However, I did find a Irish birth registration in Tuam for a Christopher Donnellan born in 1938.

Regards
    John

Hi Teesin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think we have a different Christopher. My Christopher lived in Leigh and passed away several years ago.

I had found an Irish Birth Registration for a Christopher Donnellan born Tuam in 1938.

Regards
    John

Advertisement