Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocky mountain solo full Dura Ace 7900, 950 euro

Options
  • 13-09-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Rocky Mountain solo 54cm

I just built this as a winter trainer with a lot of new parts but have decided to buy a titanium bike instead.

The bike was built with all new cables,new wheels, new bar tape, new conti tyres, its like a new bike!

Frame 54cm columbus alloy frame

Full carbon fork, including steerer tube

Full Dura Ace 7900 groupset,

New wheels bontragger with new continental gatorskin tyres,New Look keo classic pedals

Bontragger carbon seat post

Bontragger Race lite saddle, bars, stem

New Cateye strada wireless computer.

Euro: 950

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

What sort of mileage is on the groupset? Are brakes, cassette, BB all 7900?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jlx1

What sort of mileage is on the groupset? Are brakes, cassette, BB all 7900?

Hi all parts are dura ace 7900 including brakes, levers ,bb, front and rear mechs, cassette, chainwheel, chain. The groupset is from mid 2011 not sure exact mileage but nothing is worn out.

edit model year.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Why titanium can I ask.. and also any particular bike in mind?

mp31 wrote: »
    Why titanium can I ask.. and also any particular bike in mind?

Hi just always wanted a titanium bike had lots of alloy and carbon bikes, just looking to try something new really. I plan on buying a Van Nicholas Ventus frameset I have a groupset and wheels ready so hoping this sale will fund some of the frame cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Long shot swap for almost new set of Shimano C50s Dura Ace Clinchers?
    If not GLWS

• Advertisement

ciarano wrote: »
    If not GLWS

Hi i am running dura ace 9000 on my good bike if they are 11 speed 9000 wheels then I would be interested.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

They Shimano Dura Ace WH-7900 C50 Carbon CLINCHERS Wheel-set 700c

My understanding is for 11 speed is the Spacers on the Cassette the Hub is Meant to be 10/11 speed Compatible But not 100%

Kind Regards,
    Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Colinoc

If not GLWS

Hi, Are you interested in selling DuraAce clinchers?

Yes i am but remember they were nearly 2K new and have never been raced used for less 200 kms dry weather(impulse buy)Selling due to Relocation to Dublin so Realistic Offer Thanks
    Included in sale
    Tyres/tubes
    Quick -release
    Wheel bags

Hi

Thanks for the reply

They Shimano Dura Ace WH-7900 C50 Carbon CLINCHERS Wheel-set 700c

My understanding is for 11 speed is the Spacers on the Cassette the Hub is Meant to be 10/11 speed Compatible But not 100%

Kind Regards,
    Ciaran

Hi I looked into this before the 7900 wheels can not run 11 speed, no older shimano hub can run 11 speed only the new dura ace 9000 or ultegra 6800, the actual hub is too big to take the extra ring so its not a case of replacing a freehub, some brands can be converted like campag, fulcrum or mavics will also work, shame really they are really nice wheels! thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

No Probs
    Good to know Thanks and GLWS :)
    Regards
    Ciaran

Hi moving this to adverts rap up please.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johnalz

What size the crank? Would you be interested in selling the crank and brake calipers?

johnalz wrote: »
    What size the crank? Would you be interested in selling the crank and brake calipers?

Hi the cranks are 172.5 and 53-39 but im only selling as a complete bike for now thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

jlx1 wrote: »
    Hi just always wanted a titanium bike had lots of alloy and carbon bikes, just looking to try something new really. I plan on buying a Van Nicholas Ventus frameset I have a groupset and wheels ready so hoping this sale will fund some of the frame cost.

I'd be interested to hear your views on the titanium bike once you get it sorted .. the Ventus looks very nice indeed. I've my heart set on a new Kinesis GF Ti v2 which looks v.tasty and has some great reviews as well... all I need is a small lotto win :D

GLWS.

mp31 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to hear your views on the titanium bike once you get it sorted .. the Ventus looks very nice indeed. I've my heart set on a new Kinesis GF Ti v2 which looks v.tasty and has some great reviews as well... all I need is a small lotto win :D

GLWS.

Hi cheers ill keep you posted when i have it built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

is this still for sale? where are you located?

Thanks

Advertisement