Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE5 battery or charger problem?

Options
  • 13-09-2013 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Afternoon.

Im at my wits end right now with this thing if someone could help me. I originally got 2 batterys with my kit. I lost one of them about a month ago. Never had a problem charging until this morning...

The light on my charger stays on green the battery wont charge, i had it plugged in for 2 hours just now and the blue light flashes constantly when i tried to use it, I cleaned the terminals on both charger and my battery.

I cant seem to get the charger light to go back to red. Would anyone know how to sort this? always seems to be something with these things, changing wicks, straighting out the top piece so it meets the mouth constantly, leaking ...the poor dry wall behine me is going to get holes kicked in it soon by me if i cant get this to work. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Chances are the battery's post needs to be pulled/poked upwards.
    Over-tightening devices or chargers to the battery pushes the post down until eventually nothing makes contact.
    Only needs to be prodded up a half a mm to a mm I'd say, get the mini screwdriver out and see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

grindle wrote: »
    Chances are the battery's post needs to be pulled/poked upwards.
    Over-tightening devices or chargers to the battery pushes the post down until eventually nothing makes contact.
    Only needs to be prodded up a half a mm to a mm I'd say, get the mini screwdriver out and see if it works.

Nice one Grindle, Is this hard to do, would a paper clip or a straightend out staple do this?

Just to add that i haven't dropped it at all but if i shake the battery it seems that there is a knocking inside it as if there is space inside if you know what i mean....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Nice one Grindle, Is this hard to do, would a paper clip or a straightend out staple do this?

A staple or paperclip would be grand, just a few millimetres make the difference between working and frustration.

Fixed now! :)

Turns out it was the connections on the battery, the red and black ones wer torn off, soldered them back on very carfully and its 100% again!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement