Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand clothes

Options
  • 13-09-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey, I don't have much knowledge in this area, I am looking to find out what options are available for second hand clothes?

Could I export them or do people ( cash for. Clothes shops) send them up to Dublin.

Also is there any options for recycling the clothes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Be careful. The clothes recycling business has attracted some quite unsavory and dangerous attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

whats that, the wrong type of people doing business in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

The clothes can be exported to Poland, Latvia etc.... they can also be sold in Ireland through shops.

Are you looking to get into this business? Where do you plan on getting the clothes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭getsome

To be honest I wasn't planning on focusing directly on selling second hand clothes, I had a new idea that might of helped me get the clothes, but my only problems are finding connections to see what I could do with the clothes and even see if it is worth while.

How much do second hand clothes go for? Do brands matter?

Brands can be seperated into 10kg bags if you want. 10kg bags designer will sell for €105 - €135 normal 10kg bags will sell for €60 - €80. Most buyers will want a guarentee that you can keep up with demand and all clothing / footwear must be in good resaleable condition.

Can I ask what your idea for getting clothes is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Brands can be seperated into 10kg bags if you want. 10kg bags designer will sell for €105 - €135 normal 10kg bags will sell for €60 - €80. Most buyers will want a guarentee that you can keep up with demand and all clothing / footwear must be in good resaleable condition.

Can I ask what your idea for getting clothes is?

I'd be curious as to where you are getting these prices from.

Shops buying clothes seem to pay average €5 - €8 per 10kg, the highest price I've heard of is €15 for a 10kg bag.

I've recently seen presorted for sale for approx €2.60 per kg.

I'd also be interested in the OPs idea, I have worked in this area in the past and still have several contacts in the business.
    If your idea is workable I'm sure I can put you in touch with a legitimate potential purchaser.

I'd be curious as to where you are getting these prices from.

Shops buying clothes seem to pay average €5 - €8 per 10kg, the highest price I've heard of is €15 for a 10kg bag.

I've recently seen presorted for sale for approx €2.60 per kg.

I'd also be interested in the OPs idea, I have worked in this area in the past and still have several contacts in the business.
    If your idea is workable I'm sure I can put you in touch with a legitimate potential purchaser.

The shops are buying the clothes between €5 and €15 per 10kg bag but there selling them from €60 upwards. In Ireland if you approach the big companies in this area you can purchase them directly for the €60 upwards price. Now if your purchasing a large quantity eg: 1 - 15 Ton of clothing price will drop due to large quantity.

Advertisement