If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker Upgrade or Start Again

Options
  • 13-09-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi

I curently have a YAMAHA RXV367 receiver with a set of Yamaha NSP-280 speakers. Now, I know these are entry level, so I'm wondering if a speaker upgrade to your Boston soundwave XE SE will deliver a noticeable improvement and justify the spend or should I be considering replacing the entire setup ?

The reciever seems to tick all the boxes in sound performance with burr brown dac 192khz decoders etc and with Sky, Blu ray and Music from spotify or IPOD being my main uses. But the sound leaves a lot to be desired.

So question is, speaker upgrade only to your Boston set, or should the reciever go to ?

Thanks
    Brendan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

CTU_Agent wrote: »
    Hi

I curently have a YAMAHA RXV367 receiver with a set of Yamaha NSP-280 speakers. Now, I know these are entry level, so I'm wondering if a speaker upgrade to your Boston soundwave XE SE will deliver a noticeable improvement and justify the spend or should I be considering replacing the entire setup ?

The reciever seems to tick all the boxes in sound performance with burr brown dac 192khz decoders etc and with Sky, Blu ray and Music from spotify or IPOD being my main uses. But the sound leaves a lot to be desired.

So question is, speaker upgrade only to your Boston set, or should the reciever go to ?

Thanks
    Brendan
    Hi Brendan.

I feel that upgrading the speakers should make a massive improvement on you RXV373.
    The Boston where 5 star reviewed and really do sound the part. Currently priced at £229.00
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs-se/bost-sndware-xs-se-b

The upgrade for the 373 would be the NEW RXV375 priced at £249.95.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/yamaha/rxv375/yama-rxv375-blk

Upgrading the amp could come at a later date if with new speakers you still fell you want more from the system then any amp up to around £400 - £500 would still sound fantastic with the Boston speakers attached.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.