Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shrubs - Nursery Advice

• 13-09-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a shrub nursery in Limerick (or close) which will also offer advice on how to layout the shrub beds.

I am opting for a shrub garden as I feel that it will be lower maintenance than flowers... but I do not have the 'artistic' streak to choose the correct shrubs for the area...

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

D & M in Croagh, on the N21 - really nice guy there called Tom. Happy gardening!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

im in the same situation as you, ive got a bank on an incline 16*6 meters and looking for maintenance free shrubs with colour all through all seasons, any luck on plant ideas and a good priced nursery who deliver??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Called to Ahern nurseries and also Van Veen nurseries last Sunday and they were both closed....

I was surprised. I assumed that most of these places would do most of their business at weekends....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Called to Ahern nurseries and also Van Veen nurseries last Sunday and they were both closed....

I was surprised. I assumed that most of these places would do most of their business at weekends....

Mike.

Very difficult to cover the triple time staff want on Sundays with plant sales. Saturdays they should be open though. Van veen is an excellent nursery.

Advertisement